Windows 7 setup never finishes installation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bla, Dec 24, 2009.

1. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Help please ...!!!:confused:
    I have been trying to do a windows 7 clean install since yesterday and I get to the point where it is "finishing installation " then it says windows need to reboot to continue installation it reboots and goes to a blank screen with a blinking cursor Im stuck . Any suggestion welcome.

2. USNative

USNative MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #2 USNative, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
    Are you using a up to date system ? If the system is pretty old you may not have the power to run Windows 7. It sounds to me like you may not have enough system memory to fully boot in to Windows or maybe inadaquate CPU power or both. Windows 7 will run on a lot of older systems but if the system is real old it may not have enough CPU , Memory or even Graphics Card Power to be able to run in Windows 7.

I actually have Windows 7 RTM Ultimate installed on one of my Systems which has a Pentium 4 2.53Ghz CPU , 2GB Dual Channel Memory and a old 256 MB Nvidia Geforce 6600 Video Card and it runs pretty good . I had to disable a few things in performance settings for it to run optimal but it runs surprisingly well for what it is.

Give us your system specs so we can help you further .

3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Symptom sounds like the image contains some auto-installing loader which hangs on boot.

Using an untouched image should fix the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    If you don't have enougth memory, W7 will not install, it will give you a message stating that your machine don't meet the minimum requirements and stop.

This could be your problem, is your W7 clean and untouched? I advise you to download an iso from the repository and try to install it again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008