Windows 7 Slow Loading/Freezing/Blank Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by afskatr, Sep 6, 2012.

1. afskatr

afskatr MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2012
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first time using a forum for computer support but I will get right to it. I am pretty good with computers and would appreciate any and all help I can get.

Problem:
    I am running Win 7 Home Premium and after my I came back from a trip I decided to upload my pictures onto my computer. That's when it started. It started to freeze as it was uploading and after I would cancel the upload process I would have to just turn off the computer manually. Then I noticed that when I would go to click on the folder it would process (loading icon) for a while and not do anything. So I was finally able to get it deleted from my computer and I was back in business.
    Well later I did an windows update, seemed fine, then I stated my windows was not genuine for a few minutes in the lower corner after completing a "Repair My Computer" prompt after having to manually shut down(holding button down). I had no choice because when I boot without that option it would just restart again. It said it repaired the problem...? I do think so.
    I uninstalled all my Sims 3 games thinking that had something to do with it. Still slow. It some times will go to a blank screen with just the cursor after logging in for a long time. Several hundred mouse clicks may get it to actually start after a while. The computer process LED is steady on as if the computer is completely loaded with things to do. If it does come up with anything its completely slow, freezing, and selecting or opening programs will hang or load forever. Or not work. Safe mode works fine and does not do this at all.

Things I have done:

Check msconfig and hide all microsoft services and disabled the rest. check start up process
    Ran AVG full scan - nothing found
    Ran Malwarebytes - nothing found (Which is now deleted from PC)
    Ran SpyBot S&D - cleared the cache folders and junk
    and some others. But I will be glad to do what ever anyone can do to help me out with this problems. I'm hoping its not HDD issue. I really can't afford another computer right now.

2. Dave-UK

Dave-UK MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I haven't got an answer but as Safe Mode works Ok I don't think it is a hard disk problem.
    Maybe try a system restore back to a time before you uploaded your pictures.

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Have you tried running a registry checker / cleaner? A registry problem can fool you into thinking that there's a hardware problem.

Another thought...

Try uninstalling any programs that were newly installed, one at a time.

I hope this helps...
    :Miki

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    run `CHKDSK`in cmd, just input CHKDSK C:/f
    for it to check your Hard drive