Windows 7 SP1 Refresh links?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by riahc3, Feb 11, 2016.

1. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    IMHO, your response in post #15 seemed a little bit vague regarding coem versus vl media, which is why I quoted it. ;)

2. lele_87

lele_87 MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2013

I agree with you, I also think that there is some confusion on the subject. I think that using a VL installation does not ask the key and is also compatible with the loader by Daz. The version downloaded from the website of M$ Windows 7 Pro is the whisker version RTM?

3. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    #23 CaptainKirk1966, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Yes, the pro vl media will install without asking for a key, since the gvlk key is burned in. But since pro can be activated by oem or retail keys as well, it is also compatible with Daz loader. Also note the pro vl iso's will install only pro. The ei.cfg removal trick will not work with a pro vl iso, since the indicies for other editions are missing.

I'm not sure what you are downloading, or what you even mean by "whisker version". The VL versions, if they are on the site at all, would be clearly labeled VL. There is no major difference between rtm and coem versions; coem is labeled as such and rtm are merely label as sp1.

4. lele_87

lele_87 MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2013
    Thank you for your reply, you've solved some of my doubts. "whisker" is a write error. The VL come from digitalriver/MSDN. For the RTM, where can I find the keys OEM and retail?

5. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    Retail keys you would need to buy.

OEM could be of two main types, oem:slp or oem:nonslp. The oem:nonslp variety you might buy, or might find pasted on the coa sticker outside of a computer that shipped from the factory with pre-installed Windows 7. However, the oem's do not generally use the key pasted on the coa stickers, but use the oem:slp method. The oem:slp method requires a slic table in memory, either provided by bios or emulated usually by Daz loader, as well as a matching oem certificate and oem:slp key installed on the os. The oem:slp keys and certificates are built into Daz loader, and can also be found in the sticky Win 7 threads.

Retail and oem:nonslp keys can not be shared.