Windows 7 SP2 ? Can you help out?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by -Jim-, May 29, 2015.

1. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Gents,

I just finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with SP1 onto a Media PC as I upgraded it to a 1TB Seagate Hybrid Hard Drive. (see http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/57527-Best-Mini-Itx-Motherboard-with-a-Built-In-CPU
    And frankly it was an arduous procedure. :(

Even though the install disk had SP1, the updates took forever. I long for an SP2 version of Windows 7. I've read on the web that Microsoft is not bothering with it for Windows 7 as another way to push folks onto their next purchase. :sneaky:

In the olden days (think WinXP) some handy gents would either collect all the updates and write some script to run them from a DVD; and later I think someone figured how to slipstream all of the updates into a WinXP Pro install DVD. :D

Do you know if such an image (or two) exists for Windows 7 64 Bit? It would certainly save folks a lot of time and effort if it existed.:g:

If you know of any links please share.

Thanks for the assist.:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    I don't have enough posts for a link but if you just fill in the tt's and watch the video the program works great.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]h ps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HgyfcojGZmc[/COLOR]

3. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    simplix pack like CEW pointed to is amazing. I use it every month.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions Gents. :cool:

I've pulled down the Simplix Pack and will definitely give it a try on my next effort!:clap: