Windows 7 Starter upgraded to Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lucaze, Jan 16, 2010.

1. lucaze

lucaze MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2010
    Hi guys,
    I have succesfully upgraded my ACER Aspire One D250 notebook with Windows 7 Starter installed to Ultimate following your suggestions
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...o-Ultimate-on-Acer-Aspire-One-D250?highlight=
    Everything worked fine and was easy and quick!

I still have a small issue releted to the account previously created with Windows 7 Started when using the pc the first time.
    That account still does not have the rights to change, for istance, the desktop and the screensaver which are still locked to the original acer ones: it shows it can do that but it doesn't really happen!!!
    So i created a second account after the upgrade to Ultimate and everything worked fine.

Is it normal due to the fact that the first account had been created with Starter or something strange?
    And then, is there a way to "upgrade" the account or the best way is to create another one with Ultimate and use that one?

Thank you so much for your precious help
    Luca

2. eirhnh_k

eirhnh_k MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    sorry, but i have the same netbook with starter! i want to upgrade to ultimate, but im greek so, i dont know how to search at this forum! so can you help me a little? is that upgrade permanent? activation needed?

3. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Hi luca! You should say thanks to the guys at the original thread, you must avoid to open redundant threads to not polute the forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lucaze

lucaze MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2010
    I did thank for the help !!!
    And this post is to ask for another problem I had ....