Windows 7 support for Dell Inspiron 15

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Fivavoa, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Fivavoa

Fivavoa MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2016
    Hey all, I'm sure this gets asked a ton, but I've been fighting with trying to figure out how to install Windows 7 onto my laptop. It's specifically a dell 3953 i3, and I've tried every method available here. I've tried integrating Simplex (using just Simplex's program, integrate7 and using Enthousiast's pack. None seem to work and consistently freeze as soon as it gets to the boot logo. I'm not sure what to do anymore, so my last resort is asking. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #3 Enthousiast, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    If it's the latest hardware, just install 10 and use it as it is supposed to be used, with an OS that will support all the hardware.

4. Fivavoa

Fivavoa MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2016
  5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Thanks.
    However, your dream can be quite complicated, as it is a 10 generation Intel Processor designed to run on Windows 10. Serious driver problems are likely to occur.
    Therefore, I agree with the above and recommend staying with Windows 10. If Windows 7 is vital to you, you'll find a suitable computer to use it for about $ 100 or maybe even cheaper.
    But one more thing you may not particularly like is the same processor. This is not a very successful or good choice. Consider replacing it if you want to use this computer also in the near future.
    Sorry if You don't like this opinion, but unfortunately it's true and harsh reality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #7 kaljukass, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  7. Fivavoa

Fivavoa MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2016
    My mistake, it is the 3593, apologies for the typo.

Does that mean it's impossible to install Win7 on this device?

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it's not possible, or if there is a method, it takes a lot of work.
    Windows 7 is quite likely to be blocked, and if you still manage to install it using some a trick, it's quite likely that you won't find working drivers.