Windows 7 Themes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Dec 22, 2009.

1. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    So where did u put the files that belong to Clear Glass 7?

2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    whoa! thanks alot! didn't except it :rolleyes:

so nice of u ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009

dunn0 if u read the above but i just saw that in the read me file

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fusion

Fusion MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    Yup I saw that, too and then you saw my screen capture :X. I've followed the instructions strictly! And the resault....nothing :X

5. searchengine

searchengine Guest

The OEM themes on this thread look like they use ms aero msstyle file, with just a theme file pointing to different wallpaper with diff colour prefs ... that's why they not need uxtheme patched.

But, "Clear Glass 7" .... that definitely needs uxtheme patch prior to running that theme ... it uses its own modded msstyle file.

Also includes system files to change explorer.exe; shell32.dll ; OobeFldr.dll ... if you do not know what you are doing with these files, don't touch ... requires the knowledge to takeownership etc to change; and apart from that can cause issues and/or be wiped out by an ms update that spots the file changes.

btw ...

that is incorrect ...

Clear Glass 7 folder when opened has other folders inside it ... you would need to open that folder; then open Themes folder; then open either "With User Picture" or "Without User Picture" folder (depending on your preference) ... and copy both a Clear Glass 7 theme file and Clear Glass folder that's sitting beside it to ... c:\windows\resources\themes

6. Fusion

Fusion MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    So I prefer to don't touch these things xD. Anyway thanks for the help to yall! +1 rep to all helped me :]

7. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    Well if only i'm not wrong, TuneUp Utilities (version 2010 compatible with Win7) is option 3 cause it allows unsigned visual styles to be used, and it doesn't patch system files but does some tricks in memory. Yet haven't checked it on Win7 myself though, but on XP/Vista this feature did work.

8. xhtml

xhtml MDL Member

Jul 15, 2009
    ok i gonna try it too. cheers and merry Christmas to all buddies here.

9. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
  10. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    You're welcome :)

11. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    bump to the top

12. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    bump to the top

13. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008

Attached Files:

14. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    oh very good themepacks thank you very much everyone~:D

15. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    you're welcome!

16. bassie995

bassie995 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
  17. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
  18. fubar121

fubar121 MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    #40 fubar121, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    Just as a side note any one know a way to make 7 switch to random theme on start up?

Great Post BTW thank you for the work.