Windows 7 Tweaks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Suicide Solution, Aug 25, 2009.

1. fredpsycho83

fredpsycho83 MDL Junior Member

Feb 4, 2008
    is there a registry tweak to activate the "develop to the active folder" in the "folders options" ? (i don't know the real name in english because i'm using french Windows 7)

2. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Donno about last question, but to remove the word shortcut from shortcuts made do this reg mod (you'll only be changing the 16 or 17 to 00) 1. Open the Registry Editor. Click the Start button, type regedit, and press Enter.

2. If a User Account Control dialog box appears, click "Yes".

3. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer

4. Double-click the name "link", changing its value to 00 00 00 00. thought this thread needed a bump anyways.................

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. libertard

libertard MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    helpful sstem commands

thanks for sharing :D;):cool:

4. microjunk

microjunk MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    I see a lot of people like win7 manager, has anyone tried ashampoo's winoptimizer? good product, can do a lot of tweaks, clean system, defrag, and a number of other tasks.

5. jaket

jaket MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    Many Thanks. Like the Windows Bandwidth tweak the most :D

6. visitorb

visitorb MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    thanks for the info, very useful.

7. microjunk

microjunk MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Also wanted to point out that there are a number of free utilities from the windows 7 development days like windows 7 little tweaker, ultimate windows tweaker, and the windows 7 power tool. There is also a tool to enable dreamscene I think. I saw a script or reg tweak somewhere for vista that changes the new folder tab. Every new folder would have a different name, not just new folder 1, new folder 2 and so on. If anyone knows how to do this please share, id like to see if it works in 7.

8. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Another bump... how to disable autoplay?- This is one I'm looking for. I have set all the autoplay options to "take no action" ; yet every time I plug a zip drive in the little box pops up wanting to know what to do....VERY ANNOYING.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. awesum22

awesum22 MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2009
    Not being able to drag the order of files and images around to my liking is an immensely irritating limitation :mad:.Is there any way to allow us to rearrange our items in our own fashion that does not involve renaming all of our files or even taking our hands off the mouse. This limitation seriously cuts into productivity, and it is a simple, essential, extremely useful function that is available in every OS to my immediate knowledge.

10. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Any answers to last questions? Don't let this thread die. (sneaky bump)

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #52 genuine555, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  12. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Hello can i ask you guys a thing? :) it s about "How to disable Page File"
    I have 2 hardisk: Disk C is "handle by the system" and D is "nothing" is that right or should C be nothing to?
    plz help me :) tnx for the nice tips guys
    / Rob

13. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    That works. You can also flip it the other way around. It'll be slightly better even to have pagefile on a different drive than the systemdrive

14. jas0nuk

jas0nuk MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    The one and only time I actually needed to use System Restore, the restore failed! I think it's useless, takes up a lot of space and adds extra time to installing drivers and updates.

15. Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2007
    #56 Ev1lM0nk3y, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    If you want quicklaunch back?

Right-click taskbar, Toolbars, New toolbar enter

Code:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    If you want it to look like the old quicklaunch, right-click taskbar, uncheck Lock the taskbar, drag quicklaunch to beside start orb, right-click quicklaunch, uncheck Show Text and Show title, ad your shortcuts then lock the taskbar again, unpin shortcits off taskbar.

16. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
  17. airrick

airrick MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2010
    I love this one Classic Shell...

classicshell . sourceforge . net

18. fishoil

fishoil MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Thanks
    Good Useful Thread :)

19. rezhakzer

rezhakzer MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    found this forum to be really good and a lot of useful stuff and intresting reading:smartass: