Windows 7 UAC – Control, Control, Control

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RACERPRO, Jan 18, 2009.

1. RACERPRO

RACERPRO MDL Senior Member

Feb 13, 2008
    In the next version of the Windows client, end users will be able to customize the level of nagging that the operating system generates via the User Account Control, revealed Steven Sinofsky, Senior Vice President, Windows and Windows Live Engineering Group, on behalf of the team building the feature. Sinofsky emphasized that, as early as Windows 7 pre-Beta Milestone 3 Build 6801, users of the operating system would be able to see a reduction in the volume of prompts associated with UAC.

At the same time, Microsoft started implementing the new dialog designs into the platform, along with the new UAC Control Panel.

source: news.softpedia.com

2. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Or you can use the Administrator account, and be done with them all together... I was never a fan of the nagging UAC did on Vista or 7... It's nice for some things, but I am not a fan of something asking me "are you sure?"

3. djs

djs MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    Can you post how you run full permissions and how you enable the Administrator account.
    I did it in Vista Ultimate and had to go back to standard user as things started working strangely.
    I would like the account to be as in XP Pro if at all possible.

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    you can do it from the users and groups snap in using the MMC. Just right click on Computer and hit manage, and it will be listed in there. The admin account is going to be disabled, right click and choose enable and you are all set. You can also set a password for that account there or after it is enabled by going to the command prompt and typing

net user administrator passwordyouwant