Windows 7 Ult64 Blinking White Underscore Bootup - Help?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by traqglow, Sep 4, 2009.

1. traqglow

traqglow MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
  2. traqglow

traqglow MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    Hi HotCarl, thank you for your reply. I thought there was no loader when you are using a modified bios? What does windows 7 use that 100MB for?

- Thank You again, appreciate the input.

3. un49iven

un49iven MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Don't know abt the underscore thingy, but whats you system boot device order... it could be because it's trying to read another device (say DVD drive) and see if it can boot up from that... and then it may be moving to the hard disk...

Regd. the 100MB partition, this is automatically created by Win 7 if you partition the drive using Win 7 during installation... this is where the Win 7 boot loader is installed... all boot info exists here... if you want to avoid this, you have to pre-partition your hard disk and the install Win 7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. traqglow

traqglow MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    could it be an old loader

Hey, I did have vista 64 before, which did use a loader, when installing win 7, I just deleted the entire disk in terms of allocation within the win7 installation wizard, then proceeded with the win7 installation. Can the older loader from my vista test build still be there? If so how I can I tell if it’s there, or if it’s hidden? I will check my boot order and see if that helps then report back.

- Thank You for your input.