Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit N

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karlo, Jul 20, 2010.

1. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Good day,

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit N on a friend's laptop. And I was wondering how I can successfully activate that version of Windows 7? I already tried downloading the latest version of Daz's loader however it doesn't work. I also tried using Vista7Slic, however it doesn't work properly.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You can't activate N versions there are no OEM SLP keys available for them did you not read the notes when you downloaded Daz Loader.

3. qewlpal

qewlpal MDL Addicted

Jun 25, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    oh yah right same difference though lol :)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No not same difference completely different.

6. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I have windows 7 basic(N) activated and homepremium(N) activated both in 64bit , its by using liciencing files (3) from the standard version s. some call it a frankenbiuld ,but I feel this is a bit unfair ,the original frankenbiulds used beta keys and could not use windows update etc .my OSs all pass windows validation ,most including the above 2 have wat installed and still work and are fully activated . its a simple method combining changing the 3 files and using a cert and key via cmd ,with modded bios ,I have made up a set of scripts along with certs and keys .and all it takes on my PCs is a simple double click and all is installed .
    they even show correctly in explorer as (N) versions and download the correct updates etc. I have been using this method for the (N) version about a year now on several installs and not a single problem so far .
    (also works on (E)). it does not even reqire a reboot ,as soon as I run the script I can go into SYSTEM and it shows genuine immediately .
    PS its not my script ,I just mod it to suit whatever OS I am using to speed things up.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    That method is not true activation it is a hack also true for IR4 if M$ ever done away with the possiblility to rearm then IR4 would be no use but i doubt if that would happen.

8. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    #9 jabberwocky, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    if you want to nit pick urie, then every method published on this website is a hack ,as they all rely on (getting around) true activation ,by using hacked files ,be it adding a hacked loader (hacked grub usually),or using illegally obtained keys ,or hacking the timers, or bios .
    the only true activation is when a customer pays for it , And I have seen dozens of (true) activations flagged up as counterfiet .
    I am not bothered either way ,the methods I employ work perfectly for me and with several systems on each PC if one goes down ,all I have to do is boot into one of the others and do a repair or restore from backup in (about 8 mins)

respect

9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea, traditional loaders will not work on Ultimate N but there are tools that can. IR4(as mentioned above), Chew7, and RemoveWAT will all make it so you can use Ultimate N. They don't actually activate your copy but more like tweak it into thinking it is activated lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Hey Urie, I think if MS is going to implement anything they would first keep the registry in RE from reset to 4 rearms with IR4. And I doubt they will kill the whole slmgr /rearm thing so even if they kill the reset IR4 would still be usable to set up task, kill nags and manually rearm. Right now IR4 users just avoid reinstall of win 7 and their programs but like I said even if MS killed the subkey RE reset IR4 would still work to make using trial an comfortable experience

@jlgager

Your kinda right in the fact that you get full use of windows just like when your activated. Same performance and function just with IR4 you have to be slightly "interactive" unlike with use of loader or modification solutions but I like the slight interaction my self. Makes me feel in touch with how I keep my windows working :p

11. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be trying out Chew7, IR7, RemoveWAT and DeathWAT ... However I'm kind of confused with choosing the right program to use... Can you guys give me an idea with the difference of the 4 activation hacks?

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ karlo, you would be better installing windows 7 ultimate x64 not the N version then you can properly activate in fact if you just use original dvd that came with his machine or recovery partition e.c.t then just use windows anytime upgrade and enter Ultimate key.

13. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I know. It's kinda hard to download a new version of Windows 7 since it's almost 3-4 GB. Upon checking some torrent files, there's a lot of different version of Windows 7. Can you guys give me an assurance that the Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise version works properly? Like are you receiving a message that says the O/S is not genuine? Another thing, let's say I'll be downloading a 64bit version of Windows 7. Can you guys send me the Torrent URL or the unmodified RTM version 64bit of Windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, thanks for replying to my previous posts. I really appreciate it! :D

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    For me both torrents dl in about an hour and I have good experiences with quality torrents like the "repo" one's so that is why I recommend them ;) but whatever works eh...

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yeah i understand, i used to use torrents but as i said with the throttling e.c.t to much hassle opening up ports on router and using open DNS servers :( i ended up just paying for rapidshare every other month and just search with MSDN file hashes if i cant get direct download. ( Handy for getting Movies E.C.T anyway) :D

17. karlo

karlo MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2010
    The laptop came with Windows Vista, not with Windows 7.