Windows 7 Ultimate Activation on UEFI

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manos_slimshady, Feb 1, 2015.

1. manos_slimshady

manos_slimshady MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2015
    #61 manos_slimshady, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    (OP)
    Yes I saw it ;) actually I found a Pro ISO burned on a DVD, but I like the all-version mod :p anyway, thanks for helping me out!

2. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #62 Aninvitedsoul, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Post 62 won't harm.Did the issue here needed 61 post! I'm asking Tito to evaluate the thread so we can act properly in the future.All efforts are appreciated and respects for all Gents who replied in the thread.Thank you.

Edit:I'll reply to some posts in PM so I won't add useless posts #62 posts in the thread,Unless the discussion is allowed by staff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Yes it did need 61 posts in order to get manos_slimshady to trust and understand what he/she is about to do. Not everyone is a computer guru. After all this is a learning site.

A better question here is "do we really need post #62 and now #63. Tito and the rest of the mods here are not stupid and if they thought this was a go no where thread they would have closed it.

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I personally like #64 :animatedfear:

5. jimbojet2011

jimbojet2011 Guest

In your case just use OPATOOL and your done:mushy:

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Don't advise the use of opatool it is totally outdated, i,e, certificates e.c.t. have not been updated.

7. jimbojet2011

jimbojet2011 Guest

Never had any problem with it and if it can help somebody they may make there own decision to use it:eek:

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes they can make their own decision if proper advice is given.

9. steve0544

steve0544 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2015
    Goodluck with this, I always have trouble with UFEI loads

10. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Because of 2 reasons -

1. He didn't invent it - he added a GUI to an existing method of injecting slic into bios at boot; and,

2. It doesn't work on UEFI boards - which is what the original question was.

Funny enough the loader works on a Mac using bootcamp because Apple boot native windows in MBR mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It's true that the method existed before, but it's not just a GUI for something that already existed.

Old loaders would inject into the EBDA all of the time and didn't work well with all ACPI specifications. It failed for a lot of people, so we created a new loader that understands multiple memory types, invalid SLIC's, overlaps and can work with read only memory. The actual GUI creates a version of the loader that's designed for your system, so it may give you a matching OEM brand, but it'll also run a few tests to try to determine the best settings for your hardware so that SLIC injection will actually work. The old loader couldn't do any of this because it was a single GRUB file that couldn't be changed in any way, so it either would of worked or it would of failed and you wouldn't of been able to do anything about it.

The unreleased version of the loader application does support UEFI, but UEFI support isn't exactly stable. If a system isn't compatible then you need to remove the hard drive and format it from another PC, which of course isn't ideal and may render some people soft bricked if they were to ignore the warnings and didn't have another PC that they could format from.

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :worthy:
    When this loader comes out it will be a major breakthrough, can't wait!
    :clap:

13. ORZECH

ORZECH MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    Works like a charm, tank :worthy:you!