Windows 7 Ultimate cant activate?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by juan71287, Sep 14, 2014.

1. juan71287

juan71287 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    Hi. I searched already and found that I have to convert to MBR to be able to activate... I really don't want to do that. I just want to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop and run something to activate it.

I deleted everything from the HDD. I deleted every partition and installed everything from scratch. What can I do to make this work?

If there is absolutely no way of doing it on W7 Ultimate, then I guess if someone can explain to me how to actually install what version of Windows 7 and how to activate it.

Thanks you all so much for all or any help :)

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Normally it needs to disable 'Secure Boot' feature in BIOS/UEFI to be able to install MBR layout, else it will always install GPT one.

You can also opt for installing Professional and activate with Microsoft Toolkit from my signature. As you already have an ISO it only needs to delete the ei.cfg file inside the \sources\ folder of that ISO, this will enable the option to choose the Windows version to install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Secure Boot needs to be disabled to boot pre-Windows 8.x boot manager in UEFI mode. To install Windows in MBR mode, you need to start the installation without UEFI (or in legacy) style.

:)