Windows 7 Ultimate not genuine after slic mod

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by csplinter, Feb 23, 2013.

1. csplinter

csplinter MDL Novice

May 6, 2009
    Please help me troubleshoot. I've slic 2.1 modded the bios, but I'm not sure what's holding up successful activation at this point. This is my first try activating in this way.

I've also run SLIC ToolKit v3.2, and everything appears OK to me. I'm pretty sure this is a purely software issue at this point, which is why I've posted to this forum instead of the bios modding area. I hope this was the appropriate choice.

2. csplinter

csplinter MDL Novice

May 6, 2009
    I hadn't tried with IE previously, but unfortunately, no luck.

I'm adding a bounty to this problem. $10 by paypal to up to 1 person for helping me successfully SLP activate with my manufacturer's latest bios.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #3 urie, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Read forum rules
    I take it that you also installed HP..XRM-MS certificate ? if not your machine will never activate just download Daz laoder from forum run it it will install certificate but it won't install the loader because you already have slic 2.1 in bios.

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #4 redroad, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. csplinter

csplinter MDL Novice

May 6, 2009
    My apologies. Thank you for not reacting with an immediate ban. Won't happen again.

This is the procedure I followed. I was using RemoveWAT previously, then modded the bios, then installed the cert, and the key. I've tried several keys. I've run Daz Loader now, but will do more reading before I hit the install button, as I want to insure that I have a proper SLP activation, and not just a soft-mod with drivers or something. Daz shows a status of "Notification."

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. 35rem

35rem MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2013
    check your host file, I had problems validating my host file had the validation site in it so it wouldnt validate
    The path to the Hosts file in Windows 7 is the same as usual:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
    to edit the host file open notepad as administer and browse to the host file