Windows 7 Ultimate Questions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sellncars, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Sellncars

Sellncars MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    Hello everyone,

Before i start i would like to say that this site is awesome and i look forward to many years of great information here.

My question is, Windows 7 loads great just like any other Microsoft operating system? Why do i need an installer? I loaded the Windows 7 ( From P2P ) OEM version, burned it to a DVD, loaded it, got a good number and it took no problem at all. Ran updates without any problems. What am i missing?

Thanks,
    Sellncars

2. domatlapuk

domatlapuk MDL Expert

Sep 12, 2009
    Yes it's great! You need a windows 7 installation software to install it.. Do you running windows 7 now and activated? Sorry i don't get your question, i just figure it out..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sellncars

Sellncars MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    NO i downloaded an OEM Windows 7 Ultimate through a P2P, opened it, burned it to a DVD, installed the disk, added the number for a site online and poof, it works great, just got all updates and Security Essentials, everything is validated. No Loader.

Sellncars

4. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    run command promt as administrator
    and then run slmgr -xpr will prompt you the expiry date or permanently activated if that is a loader ?

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It has a loader integrated..check the ISO for the $OEM$ folder..see loader.....:cool::cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Sellncars

Sellncars MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009

Hello,

Is there more to this?

I went to command prompt, then typed in slmgr, now what?

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    As 911medic said before - look at the files on the DVD - if you see an OEM folder it has a self installing loader on the DVD which is why it is "magically" activated.