Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 en,de,fr,es,it,nl,tr,pt,pl,sk,ro,tw,cs,sv... x86&x64 MSDN

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by torko26, Feb 18, 2011.

1. mythofuniverse

mythofuniverse MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2010
    There is an GUI tool to edit or remove the ei.cfg in the win 7 ISO file..called Ei.cfg removal Utility or sometimes Windows 7 ISO Disc Image Utilities
    ei.cfg is the file which decides the version of win7 to be installed..
    if that file is removed from the ISO file.. then all the version of win7 will be listed during the installation asking u to select which version to install..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leobrit11

leobrit11 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2011
    Thank you. I had a corrupted verssion of W 7, I'm downloading a new version, this is the integrated one W7 SP1. So, I have 3 questions.

After I download the ISO, Do I need to use the removal utility to remove the ei.cfg before I burn the ISO into the DVD?

Since I had a corrupted Windows 7 version installed? What do you recomend me to avoid any kind of trouble, to do an upgrade or a Custom Installation?

If I do a custom installation, I reach to a point where I need to erase the drive, but I have three partitions, one is memory and it says reserved, the other one I dont remembered how is it called, and the third one is called system, this is the biggest one with 250 GB. Do I need to erase the three? or just the bigger one that is called system?

3. qwerty77

qwerty77 MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    1. if you don't intend to install any other version of windows 7 then you don't need to use the ei.cfg utility

2. try first a repair install, if that doesn't solve your problem then do a clean install instead.

3. windows automatically creates a "reserved partition" for use of system files, the second one you are referring to is the "logical" drive which is commonly called "drive d" i suggest you to erase all drives then when it comes to only one partition divide them equally to the size you want.

4. chnix

chnix MDL Member

May 16, 2010
    I have installed on my notebook the Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 PT-BR and works perfectly here. I installed that version on others machines and worked fine. I think is something with your hardware (dvd drive/medias). Did you tried on other machines? Try to burn using other media.

5. leobrit11

leobrit11 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2011
    #625 leobrit11, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    But what do you recomend me. To have 3 partitions or just one. What is better and safer?

What is going to happened if I dont delete the first to, the reserve and the logical (drivers) partition, and I just delete the bigger one where all my data is. Am I going to have troubles later?

6. leobrit11

leobrit11 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2011
    #626 leobrit11, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    I'm doing the installation right now. Please help.

I have 3 partitions:

1) Disk 0 Partition Total Total Size 1.39 MB Type: OEM (reserved)
    2)Disk 0 Partition 2: Recovery Total Size 9.8 GB Type:primary
    3) Disk 0 Partition 3 Total Size 223.1 GB Type:System

Should I erase the 3, or just the last One?

What will happen if I dont delete the first two, Am I going to get trouble?

7. leobrit11

leobrit11 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2011
    My Computer Brand is DELL.
    I had installed Windows 7, but I had a corrupted version that didn't allowed me to update even that I made the procedure right and got validated online.

Now I am installing Windows 7 SP1 and I will validate it using DAZ Loader.

Thank you.

8. qkq691

qkq691 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2011
    thanks you. :)

9. AnoopSudhakaran

AnoopSudhakaran MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2011
    Do we need a product key during the installation of Windows 7 Ultimate x86 {with ei.cfg removed}??
    If needed can anyone PM me?? Thank you! :)

10. AnoopSudhakaran

AnoopSudhakaran MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2011
    Ok! Thanks man! :)

11. acquadi

acquadi MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2008
    Thank you so much for sharing the MSDN version of Windows 7/SP1.

12. paulis

paulis MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    Norwegian x64

I found this great thread as I am going to reinstall Windows when I get my SSD in the mail =) The thing is, I don't want to use Acer recovery disk again on my acer laptop. We all know how much crap they bring along :( So i have a valid 7 home premium license but no windows cd to do a clean install.

The Norwegian x64 sp1 download had great speed untill 57% downloaded and then full stop. Could anyone please upload the rest if there are anyone here who has it? I realise not too many people would have the norwegian version but I guess it's worth a shot. Downloading the english ultimate version and using norwegian language pack is not an option as I only have Home Premium and i do not intend to use a cracked ultimate version I do not legally own.

Thanks for any help =)

13. bearcat

bearcat MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2010
    @ paulis:
    If you don't intend to use a "a cracked ultimate version I do not legally own"
    you might need to buy a clean Home Pre disk in the store, as you will need to "crack"
    the version of Ultimate you are downloading, by modifying the ISO to let you install Home Pre form that disk :rolleyes:

And if you are downloading using the torrent linked in the first post, you might need to know what a torrent is,
    no one can "upload the rest if" as it is not uploaded to a server, only the torrent file has been uploaded.
    please read this : no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrent

btw: there is at least 1 seeder of the Norwegian files :hug2:
    make sure you are connectable.

14. paulis

paulis MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    I know i have to "crack" it to iinstall home premium. It is legal to circumvent copyprotection to make copies i Norway and so fourth. I guess my point is that I want to use my legally purchased license as i have already payed for it =)

As for what a torrent is, I do understand. I mean, if anyone has downloaded the same x64 version and they have not edited the file then they should be able to upload the file to the torrent and I should be able to get the last 40% as the hash should be the same.

There are one seeder, but I only get 0,5-1 kbps... I got 1 mbps untill it dropped at 60%... So I guess it would be nice to get the last 40 =)

15. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Uhm no its not legal to circumvent any activation/copying.. There is no copyprotection:)

16. paulis

paulis MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    Not activation, but i do believe that it is legal in norway to copy media you own. If I own a music cd then I can legally make copies and circumvent copyprotection i believe. It is of course not legal to share the copies on the internet or something though =)

17. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Well Im not sure about norwegian laws since im a swede but here its OK to copy for private use but not to share/upload.

18. SupremeSabre

SupremeSabre MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Hi. Pardon my noob question. Is this MSDN version identical to the official release? Because the post's last edit was in Feb and I thought SP1's official release was in March

On a side note, are there any known issues with SP1?

Thanks

19. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    It says Windows 7 Ultimate MSDN and that is exactly what it is.. A 100% genuine copy of W7..

I dont know why we would upload warezcrap here, its against the rules:)

20. SupremeSabre

SupremeSabre MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    #640 SupremeSabre, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017