Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Not Genuine After Updating to SP1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by weilik, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weilik

weilik MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    Previously, I used Daz Windows Loader release to validate my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 but everything was fine until the update to SP1 and now I have only 23 days for activation according to Windows.

Thought of checking out the latest release of Daz - v1.9.7 and uninstalling the previous version (cannot remember which version) but the option to Uninstall was blurred out and hence, I am not able to do anything. Are there any option apart from reformatting? I have tonnes of things and would be a hectic to re-install bit by bit after the hassle. Any other better idea?

Please help.

Regards,
    weilik

2. serpent

serpent MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2011
    My 7 x86 lost activation after installing sp1 but I simply installed 1.9.7 again without uninstalling and everything is fine again.
    Is install button unavailable?

3. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    If the install button is there, try to install again. Push comes to shove you can always do a repair install(upgrade) that saves all your installed apps.

4. t3tr1s

t3tr1s MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    I also got my Win7 x64 non genuine after updating to sp1.

I had removewat working perfectly. Then I tried installing DAZ loader 1.9.7, but I had to uninstall removeWAT. Did it and tried to install DAZ. Didn't work.

I read another thread here that said i needed wat fix. I run it. Once my computer was "RemoveWAT" clean, i proceeded to DAZ loader installation. Installed, uneffective. As the readme says that I could have some problems if some especific update was installed, i "uninstalled" DAZ at least 2 times.

In each of those steps, I restarted.

Then I installed DAZ loader for the last time and finally... my win7 won't boot. Can't even start on safe mode. After the bios stuff showing up, my screen only displays that single MSDOS cursor. Tomorrow I'll try repairing with a install dvd, as suggested on DAZ loader readme.

Help. Plz.

5. cibomatto2002

cibomatto2002 MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2011
    Do you have update KB971033 installed?

6. t3tr1s

t3tr1s MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    When I could still boot Win7, i saw no kb971033 listed on the updates.