Windows 7 Ultimate x86 RTM to SP1 and KB971033 question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by flashcrew, Feb 26, 2011.

1. flashcrew

flashcrew MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2011
    Currently, my PC is installed with version of windows 7 x86 Ultimate RTM with loader for genuine verification (Windows 7 Loader Release 5.exe)

As far as I can remember, I never installed the WAT(KB971033) in WU. I uncheked it at the WU. But to my surprise, my desktop becomes black/grayish and flagged as not genuine anymore. I realized, WAT was installed or injected automatically.:mad:

I used the RemoveWAT tool by Hazar to bypassed that thing, my PC works fine now and operates flawlessly. But the genuine condition is not there anymore at mycomputer properties. I noticed, KB971033 was still installed in my PC in WU section.

Now my questions are:

1. I'm planning to update my Windows 7 x86 Ultimate RTM to SP1. What should I do first, will I install SP1 directly via WU or download it first at MSDN and install it? What are your best recommendations.

2. What necessary tools I'll be needed first for upgrading to SP1? I'm asking this thing since I'm only using the RemoveWAT by Hazar. I don't have any idea what are the effects after installation of SP1 in my case since I just bypassed only the KB971033 update via RemoveWAT.

3. Will there be any workaround to block/prevent this KB971033 update in my case?

Thanks!