Windows 7 Universal+Updated+Drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by N30Sniip3r, Mar 9, 2016.

1. N30Sniip3r

N30Sniip3r MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    Hey guys, what would be the best way to make a universal AIO updated with driverpacks like snappy drivers but intergrated into the wim file? I don't care about size of the wim file...just trying to think of time efficient way. Any help or advise would be great!

Thanks in advance! :cool:

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Updates use simplix pack (offline modus) and drivers, just collect the drivers for your system and use dism to integrate them in the install.wim. Afaik there is no-one making (simple to integrate) driverpacks as they did at driverpacks.net.

3. SSE2

SSE2 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2016
    #3 SSE2, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    What is the file that ends with a .wim so I can help you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. N30Sniip3r

N30Sniip3r MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    install.wim

5. SSE2

SSE2 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2016
    You need to create a VHD by searching (Disk management) and press Create and format hard disk, then when everything is loaded, Go to tasks > Create VHD, Put the size that must be least 10GB or depending on the size, then click OK.
    Download GimageX, Click on the apply tab, Click on browse on Sources, then go to your Windows 7 DVD and go to sources > install.wim, then click on browse on destination, Put the hard disk that you have created earlier, then click OK, Click Apply to start copying files to destination.
    Close GimageX, Open the Hard disk that has extracted files, then open the second instance of Explorer, and go to the directory where your drivers you want to integrate them, the copy the .sys file into the extracted install.wim directory, Windows\System32\Drivers.
    Copy install.win from your windows 7 DVD into your desktop.
    Open GimageX again and this time go to Capture tab, then go to source or .wim file, Browse to your desktop, install.wim, then click on OK, then on destination, go to the Hard Disk that you have created earlier, then click on OK, click on capture, this should compress the files into install.wim and modify it.
    Insert the blank DVD, Open UltraISO, then mount the Windows 7 ISO, then copy the modified install.wim (desktop) into your ISO, this should start modifying (overwriting) the file.
    Burn the bootable ISO into the DVD by going into Write Boot able DVD, and select your drive, then click on OK to start writing.
    After all this, restart your computer, boot from DVD, and that's it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    #6 Flipp3r, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I'm with Enthousiast, just use the Simplex pack to install updates to your install.wim.
    I no longer add any drivers because it is not efficient & not all drivers work on all platforms.
    I find it much easier to deploy from winpe, adding drivers on the fly. This way I can update drivers easily without the hassle of building a wim/esd.
    Simple example:
    Code:
    Diskpart /s Win7UEFI.txt
    dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:w7_64.esd /Index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\ /verify /checkintegrity
    BCDBoot W:\Windows /l en-US /s S:
    dism /Image:W:\ /set-syslocale:en-AU
    dism /Image:W:\ /set-userlocale:en-AU
    dism /Image:W:\ /set-inputlocale:en-AU
    dism /Image:W:\ /set-timezone:"AUS Eastern Standard Time"
    Dism /Image:W:\ /Add-Driver /Driver:DRV_W7.64 /Recurse /Forceunsigned

Now you can mount and add drivers to winre.wim for ahci/raid, lan & usb3 support:
    Code:
    md W:\tmp
    attrib -h -s W:\Windows\System32\Recovery\winre.wim
    Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:W:\Windows\System32\Recovery\winre.wim /Index:1 /MountDir:W:\tmp
    Dism /Image:W:\tmp /Add-Driver /Driver:DRV_W7.64\Hdd /Recurse /Forceunsigned
    Dism /Image:W:\tmp /Add-Driver /Driver:DRV_W7.64\Network /Recurse /Forceunsigned
    Dism /Image:W:\tmp /Add-Driver /Driver:DRV_W7.64\USB3 /Recurse /Forceunsigned
    Dism /Commit-Wim /MountDir:W:\tmp
    Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:W:\tmp /Discard
    rd w:\tmp /Q /s
    attrib +h +s W:\Windows\System32\Recovery\winre.wim
    Easily copy across any data you want, bitmaps, etc.
    You could also copy across to W:\Windows\Panther\ the file unattend.xml. Mine is set to boot windows into Audit mode...

7. N30Sniip3r

N30Sniip3r MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    Thank you all for the posts! Everything worked out great! :)