Windows 7 Updated = shutdown and reboot slowly...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by yro, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #21 armada, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    agreed imo always do a clean install. i have seen way to many "upgrades" from xp go bad when going to win7. vista to win 7 not so bad that way.

in your case it sounds like a update is having a issue with either a program or a driver already on your system.

do this: clean install NO UPDATES. use a image program like macrium free (fantastic program) make a image of the working clean install.

now that you have a back up start instaling updates ONE BY ONE. until you find the one affecting your system. once you do let us know or then you can use that information to search for a fix to this issue. it will take a bit of time that way but then you will narrow it down to hopefully one update maybe two that are slowing the system down.

also are you running a anti virus yet? if so which one. some of those affect the startup and shutdown way more than others do. i have even seen this releated to a service from a hp printer. so its not win7 technically its something causing this issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Ok lets get down to it...
    its not your system thats causing the problem or for that matter the software aka windows 7
    And as for replacing your hard drive with a SSD are you incompetent (its not worth the money) and we are trying to solve problems not make more of them...
    The registry merge is a excellent idea but my feeling on this is that it may take about 1 minute off his shut down...
    I would advise checking with Process explorer whats taking up so many CPU cycles before you shut it down because I'm betting there is something taking up probably 75% of CPU then try disabling it....this might solve your woes...

3. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    Hi all.

I see that there are so many people talking about shi...t here.

Well, the problem was solved.

I found that the pagefile was disabled. I enabled it and make it be cleanned every time I shutdown or restart the computer. Now the restart/shutdown time is about 8 seconds.

Thanks for your help and time in this topic.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

sorry about my english.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #25 Rosco, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks for your comments

I'll be sure to try to help you out next time and so will everyone else you think talks shi...t - Dickhead.

5. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    Rosco, i didnt understand what you say here: "and so will everyone else you think talks shi...t - Dickhead"

sorry. I dont understand english verywell. Im tryin..

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #27 timesurfer, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
    Dickhead means someone who sucks or isn't cool...lol I think he mean't you weren't appreciative of any help...lol

or maybe he thought you were saying we're a bunch of sh't talkers and he didn't like that...lol

7. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    well.. i think its a forum. so everybody who wants to help, just post intented to help.. not to post shi..t like some users. am i right?

i dont get the point of him.

anyway.. he didnt help with this topic and talked about crap. "ignore it" is the best solution for him...

sorry about my english.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ yro, you understand enough enlish to tell users they are posting shi..t i'm closing the thread.