Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rudi1, Oct 23, 2009.

1. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Does this M$ utility make the flash drive bootable, so you can boot from it and a clean install can be done? If so, then this utility can replace all the other methods.

2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. splur

splur MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    I seem to get this error when I try to boot from the USB drive, yes my mobo/bios does allow boot from USB and boot from USB is set to the first one.

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix this problem:

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

4. Mr. Pippo

Mr. Pippo MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    Thanks a lot for this info

5. gersma

gersma MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wow,

No more .cmd or .bat scripts for creating my w7 install usb.
    You just made my day ..

Thaaaaank you

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's NOT true!

I just created and after that installed a modified Windows 7 with the MS Tool and it just works fine!

Nor that I only added some software to the ISO Image I even changed the binary Bootsystem from Windows 7 to Vista to be able to use that Boot Media on older MB's like Asrock and MSI which gave Code5 Error's!

In clear: it doesn't matter the ISO is an original MS image or a "touched" one!:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ras_anbesa

ras_anbesa MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2013
    I have Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool (W.D.T.), but I am having trouble. The program will not detect my external hard drive, but my computer does. Right now I am operating in Safe-Mode w/ Networks because a virus messed up my laptop and I have to re-install windows. I've tried to hit the refresh button on the W.D.T. but no matter what, it will not detect it. HELP!

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Don't use an external HDD, just use an USB Stick or even Memory Card!

9. ras_anbesa

ras_anbesa MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2013
    ok i'll try