Windows 7 VLK KMS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by endlesslyonline, Sep 2, 2011.

1. endlesslyonline

endlesslyonline MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2011
    I have a question about activation, so i decided to come here, because this is the only place i know where you have a expert just one post away ;)

I have received VLK keys for my company for various software (office2010,server2008,win7,etc) according to the keys, they activation process is KMS, as far as i can see, there are two different types of activations available, KMS and MAK,

Firstly, am i correct when i understand that your key will determine if u use KMS or MAK ?

Secondly, it seems that i am going to go the KMS route, so i was wondering, what i have read, their is a application/service that does this activation for you, but, is it still possible to phone in and activate, or activate online?

The pc's that i am installing or not all in one convenient location, and most of them are stand-alone with no network connections.

Lastly, can someone explain the whole activation process when it comes to KMS/MAK or atleast link me to a article that explains this.

Thanks,

2. sushil1576

sushil1576 MDL Senior Member

Jul 3, 2009
    In your case i think MAK activation will be the best way as you said the system that you are going to install are not interconnected and stand alone..You can do activation backup of the systems with Advanced Tokens Manager..That way you won't need to use your MAK key every time you have to install Windows or Office...

If you want to go KMS way,you will need to first setup a KMS server and then make sure every client PC is connected to that KMS server...atleast once in 6 months as after every 6 months the client PC will need to contact KMS server for reactivation...