Windows 7 will not boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tmap, Apr 29, 2013.

1. tmap

tmap MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2013
    I installed windows 7 from a .ISO file I downloaded. After the 30 days I attempted to activate it with DAZ activator without reading everything about it. I believe it was 2.something. When I tried to reboot it would not boot. This computer will not boot from a CD and the only thing i have gotten it to boot from was a Hirens boot USB drive. The problem is I don't know what to use from here to fix it or if I can fix this problem from Hirens boot CD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows starts to load then I receive a blue screen of death saying Unmountable_Boot_Volume. I also get errors from within HBCD when attempting to look at the drive. The HDD was fine before this though.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Create an bootable USB Stick using an Windows 7 ISO which you could download from MDL. NBow download from MS the Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe for to build that bootable USB Stick. After done that, boot from it and chose Repair or do a new installation of Windows 7. I would prefer the later!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tmap

tmap MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2013
    Pisthai and Cocachris, I don't know why but it will not boot any windows device i've tried, nor ubuntu for that matter. The only thing I've gotten to work was the HBCD. I do appreciate your input though.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    The hbcd disk has got the tools to do the repair referred to by cocachris. choose mini windows xp when you boot and go from there. ...T

6. tmap

tmap MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2013
    #7 tmap, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    (OP)
    I finally got that far but when I did the "chkdsk /R C:" I got an error that said "Fail to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50" but it worked. Thank you guys so much. You saved me.