Windows 7 X64 BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mboyaci, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mboyaci

mboyaci MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi,

I have been running Windows 7 X64 (with lots of additional software) for about a month now.

Yesterday I flashed the bios of P5Q Deluxe motherboard with a SLIC 2.1 BIOS I downloaded from the forums. Everything worked for a few hours and then I started getting BSOD errors.

I restored the BIOS to the original version but the errors continued. So I restored and earlier version of my Windows 7 setup (I use True Image to make regular backups) that didn`t help either. Eventually I had to restore my last image of XP (with more or less the same software installed). XP works with no problems.

Today I decided to do a clean install of Windows 7 with no luck. I can`t even finish the installation without a BSOD.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Mehmet Boyaci

2. mboyaci

mboyaci MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi again,

I opened the case and blew some compressed air inside to clean it. Then I took out the two DRAM sticks and switched their slots.

Windows 7 hasn't crashed since (about an hour).

Regards,

Mehmet

3. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Good deal, sometimes it's something as small as changing RAM slots, good luck!!

:)

4. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    make sure you have no overclocks as well, especially during installation.

in my experience, nearly all of my computer BSODs have been caused by problems with RAM. For whatever reason, I've been very unlucky with memory. My system, which was built over a year ago, went through two sticks of Ballistix tracers, and at least 6 sticks of Dominator RAM until I got 4 good sticks of Dominators that I'm running now.