Windows 8.1 (9600) bug list

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Smorgan, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    K-lite pack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. woodyleonhard

woodyleonhard MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2013
    Minor bug: CAPTCHA code on installation

I tried installing x32 with a bogus email address as a Microsoft account (bogus@bogus.com). the installer wouldn't let me do it - it's probably already taken - so I clicked to go back, and entered a different bogus email address. This time, I was taken to the screen that requires a CAPTCHA code. I waited and waited - with the circle busy icon showing over and over - must've waited 20 minutes, but no CAPTCHA. Finally went back and entered a valid Microsoft account, but bad password, and the CAPTHA worked afterwards.

3. Cornmeister

Cornmeister MDL Member

Dec 8, 2008
    .CR2 (RAW) pictures made with my Canon 350D haven't got thumbnails with preview, and do not work in picture viewer.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Hmm... I'll have to try it out a bit more, but I did notice I seemed to "fail" more at osu! on 8.1 previews/leaks than previous OSs, maybe it wasn't entirely my fault ;)

5. djdare

djdare MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2007
    I like dark (black) frame around open, active windows. When i make color black only CLOSE button is visible.
    Minimize and fullscreen are black. I mean... even Windows 98 were not so "stupid"...
    The same was in Windows 8 and through all other builds.

It really annoys me. :mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Webdoc

Webdoc MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2013
    I have the opposite to this post, if I tick the box Libraries show but the setting is not saved when you come back or log on again they do not show.

7. Webdoc

Webdoc MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2013
    I have the opposite to this post, if I tick the box Libraries show but the setting is not saved when you come back or log on again they do not show.

8. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    When trying to move the Pictures folder from C:\Users\USERNAME\Pictures to another location, the copy/paste Window just freezes. All other folders move fine its just the pictures

I had to move it manually by right clicking on the folder, going to Location, then moving it from there but a simple copy/paste won't do it for the Pictures Folder

9. sk8erbender

sk8erbender MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2013
    Hello guys, I think I found I bug// Do the following - go to Windows Store -Settings-App Updates - tick Check for Updates - After that 2 updates will poup up = Music and Video. If u press Update button it says error 0x80073 dont remember last digits... Can u confirm it?

10. sk8erbender

sk8erbender MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2013
    Agree man but I always gone for Location thing before...

11. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Same here, working fine, can't reproduce that problem.

12. Dedek

Dedek MDL Member

Nov 30, 2010
    #32 Dedek, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    It is acting like that from the moment I entered system at the first time after installation, as going to folder options is one of the first things I do. It is probably gonna be that type of problem MS calls "on some configurations".

EDIT: I just figured it out. I am using the option "show all folders" as well and if you check that, the libraries show up even when they are unchecked. Otherwise they are hidden yes. But I want to use "show all folders" and hide libraries at the same time and that seems to not be possible, sad..

13. efes34

efes34 MDL Senior Member

Nov 17, 2009
  14. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    I was wrong sub forum:D
    but i'st true

15. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    ReFS is crippled in Windows 8.1.

And My Computer is named as This PC. Fix: Rename This PC icon in Computer.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Pretty sure these aren't bugs. ReFS if intended to be a working and functional feature in 8.1 should work, but if it was never announced as such, then I probably wouldn't expect it to work.

As for "This PC", this is also intentional. A weird change imo, but not a bug.

17. CATALINZX

CATALINZX MDL Junior Member

Jul 11, 2011
    #38 CATALINZX, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    A lot of bugs with this "RTM",
    • You can't change the encryption type on wireless network.
    • If you create a new Library in Libraries and uncheck Show in navigation pane is not working.
    • Search function is working like s***.
    • and a lot more (I think are because of the lack of video drivers...)

18. CATALINZX

CATALINZX MDL Junior Member

Jul 11, 2011
    #40 CATALINZX, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    Hmm?
    Untitled.png

My router encryption is TKIP+AES...TKIP is missingo_O