Windows 8.1 crashed

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by treacherous_hawk, Mar 9, 2014.

1. treacherous_hawk

treacherous_hawk MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2014
    ok and where can i download that from? I checked here:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/29322-The-Official-Windows-8-Repository
    but no download links and also there is only RTM, nothing specific for Windows 8 Single language.
    and about this:
    Another question: As i read somewhere that creating Bootable USB for 64bit OS on 32 bit OS will give that error that i was getting. I was using microsoft usb dvd tool, so if i use forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/29649-WinUSB-Maker-The-Windows-Setup-to-USB-Solution, will that work without error? i know that can only be ascertained after i have tried it but just asking out of experience if you have or someone else has had such issue in the past.

2. treacherous_hawk

Mar 9, 2014
    #42 treacherous_hawk, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Hmm.. I haven't personally tested running one of those key checker programs from a bootable winpe image...
    If you really want to be safe, yes; install a win8.0 single language image (think theres a dell leak somewhere here if you search for it)
    Then let it activate and run the windows store upgrade.
    It's the safest method.

But if someone has a winpe tool that can read the key, the 8.1 install method is a lot shorter and easier

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. treacherous_hawk

Mar 9, 2014
    Installing is not an issue (if it boots into Advanced recovery) but updating it to 8.1 is. I will still try OEM Key dumper in BIOS if it works, if not then i will go with Windows 8 single language download.

6. treacherous_hawk

Mar 9, 2014
    After having tried to use this Windows 8.1 bootable usb (which was successfully created) i am certain that there is some hardware issue. It also makes a click sound when it shuts down after going into loop. Will get it checked at the service center. Thanks to all for their support and help. Cheers!!!