Windows 8.1 EI.cfg Broken?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pilot76103, Aug 30, 2013.

1. leonux

leonux MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    Well after many combinations of clean installs and upgrades everything is working fine the final result is :

Removed autounattend.xml
    Created the folder scripts inside /windows/setup/ in each image on the install.wim
    Scripts folder contains oobe.cmd, which among other things calls another script that sets the kms server

Thank you murphy78 you were really helpful

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You could save a pkey inside pid.txt
    I've never done it, so someone else would need to advise procedure.
    Or... you could google search it...

I have tried product.ini though... it doesn't work with the final setup files
    I guess it makes sense. The indexes already know their default key. The problem is that they need to know which edition you want to install from, and it doesn't do it in an upgrade-friendly manner.

3. Skitcy

Skitcy MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    #144 Skitcy, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    hello
    i have windows 8 pro x64 and i want to upgrade my pc to windows 8.1 pro without losing my data
    so i downloaded this one (Windows 8.1 Pro WMC Sweet Dream (x86-x64) Created by zorro48 TEAM OS [HKRG])
    from kickass torrent
    it is a x64 and x86 and it is activated
    so win i open setup.exe
    its says "use the other installation disc that says 64-bit. when you insert it windows setup will restart automatically"
    so i go to source and open setup.exe and he opened success
    but win i try to upgrade i have this error "This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and re-launch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice"

any help please ?

4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    If it doesn't have a separate folder for x64 setup such as Sourc64 or Sources64, then the only method of installing is boot setup.
    If it does have one of those folders, just go inside and run installprep.exe

5. Skitcy

Skitcy MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    thanks murphy78 for your response
    there is no separate folders, and what do you mean with boot setup
    when i boot from usb to upgrade its says that i must upgrade from opening the installation through windows
    what is the solution for this error "This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and re-launch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice" o_O ؟؟