Windows 8.1 feels slow at 4.42GHz

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Nicky31, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Terepin

Terepin MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I nominate this for the most idiotic comment of the year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    It's really mainly a driver issue, if your system feels less snappy. I had trouble with USB-3 under Windows-8.1 .

:)

4. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Yeah it's also nice when you overclock and get a dos screen not even that on windows 8.1 as i just tried to push my cpu 4.8 and this is with the stock cooler what came with the cpu a bit loud in the day somethings but it's raining in my neck of the woods so weather wise around 26C / 79F .. i'll be back soon with some results ...

5. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    #25 Nicky31, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
    Fu*k yeah some jaw dropping graphics at last also by any chance when installing windows 8.1 did you come into any problems like it would install everything at the beginning but once rebooted you would have do the os again because couldn't find the hard drive for some strange reason .. I know there are problems with my motherboard because a lot of people have complain about bios problems to gigabyte but like all brands these days only care about making money and not supporting customers with updates .. ? but i have also found when i have installed wind 7 or win 8 no problems at all to what i was coming up against installing win 8.1 ... :confused:

score.png

6. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Seems all perfect now

New.png

7. mydigitaldesktop

mydigitaldesktop MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Normally I ignore stuff like this, but this one achieves a whole new level of something...

People come to forums seeking help and to help others with the sharing of information. If you don't understand someone's problem description, it doesn't make anyone an idiot, just communication. And being the world wide web, not everyone has English as their native language.

In this case, his problem description was actually very understandable.

He had a new high speed computer and upgrading to 8.1 yielded a torrent bandwidth that did not seem at the same level as his previous experience.

Which allowed people to zero in on the many network issues that have been surfacing in 8.1 RTM as a possible cause for making a state of the art computer feel like a Macbook Air...

8. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    #28 Nicky31, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
    Correct and thank you so much ? People just don't understand these days how stressful these sort of things can be but instead of helping they would rather stick a boot in your nuts ... As John Major said put up or shut up :smokecowboy:

This is more like it for us
    Task.png

9. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Sticking to your problem and focus on solving it would be great. Instead of this it got to an e-penis contest. "Who has the fastest machine blabla picture bla"

10. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Yup so true for us i could do with maybe a bios update and then wait it out for 8.1 when it come out on sale but maybe i will give it three to six month for some of the major bugs sort out ..

11. mydigitaldesktop

mydigitaldesktop MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2013
    The world could use more fast machines

Well he wasn't completely over the top considering that the 8.1 upgrade killed the performance of a very fine piece of hardware and wanted to illustrate his frustration.

Maybe it is wishful thinking, but it is nice to think that computing power in the hands of individuals will one day start ramping up again in a more serious manner and the Windows desktop is one of the few enablers left for this to happen with any sort of "economy of scale"

A room full of reporters stood up and cheered when Apple announced their new Macbook Air which had absolutely no improvement other than increased battery life! In a world where the tech press sits in coffee shops writing their articles about Post-PC while checking their Facebook, it should be refreshing to see people still enthusiastic about some "power to the people" in the form of advanced silicon sucking up some real watts from a wall outlet.

12. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013

With everything i have been throw these past few weeks yeah a few weeks its taken me for bios's and different routes to look into and it all take it's toll with stress ..? Now my pc is flying just looking at other stuff to tweak .. ? Like the ssd i have just done now, I would say it takes me around 15 minutes to have my system up and running with everything plus all the software install what isn't bad in this day and age in all fairness .... Plus now all my internet browsing turn pages with a blink of an eye not like early on where it was taking a few seconds ..

13. elzna

elzna MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Just a question, did you install Windows 8.1 from the untouched ISO file (WZOR source) or did you use a modified one with install.esd? Because the install.esd ISO I created for myself made my system very, very slow.
    Once I reverted back to the untouched WZOR ISO with the install.wim file my pc was working like normal again.

14. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
  15. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    #36 Nicky31, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
  16. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    I upgraded from Windows-8 to Windows-8.1 and had beside the USB-3-issue not really any trouble, but there are certain apps, which will work fine under 8, but not (yet) under 8.1

:)

17. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Yeah i noticed that on the apps but for me personally i don't use them much i just start my computer up and do some work or plays games so don't really interest me in all truthfulness ...

18. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Ahhh found the answer I was looking for nicky in your signature.

The 1200 Watt Power supply explains your ability to hit such a high speed. Out of curiosity what was the cooling you used on the cpu? I'm thinking Water cooling.

19. Nicky31

Nicky31 MDL Member

Aug 21, 2013
    A stock AMD CPU Cooler .. :rolleyes: