Windows 8.1 Pro Direct link?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by darct, Jan 13, 2014.

1. nayss

nayss MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2013
    @ tito
    @ murphy78

hello first :cool:

well, the dl-links at first page i cannot confirm fir win8.1 retail upgrade keys (that one's people could buy for 30 bugs online or for 60 bugs on boxed retail-dvd package in stores).

these iso's provided by tito on page 1 this thread are msdn iso's.
    u can use them for upgrade/reinstall windows 8.1 core/pro on oem-machines (all notebooks / laptops / pc's u bought with preinstalled windows 8/8.1).
    these iso's are not usable with the upgrade retail keys. i have over ten of them, mixed sources (online and store-products). none of them works.

does anyone has an iso created out of the esd-installation ?

thx for answer !

best regards nayss

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You were never meant to install straight from the dvd on a machine with an 8.0 key. This is why the key is not accepted from an RTM disc.
    You *CAN* install using the default install key and then change it back after install.
    Most people were supposed to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1 via the Windows Store update. Doing it this way did not ask for a key.

3. roonibrice

roonibrice MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2014
    I've enterprise edition is it pro or enterprise i can't tell the difference ;)

4. nayss

nayss MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2013
    #44 nayss, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    hi murphy,

thx for answer.
    well, this is same i already know.
    I did several upgrades through windows-store : 26 till today. 5 workes fine, 1 i had to repair, rest fails or the installation was not to use anymore.

that's the reason why i came here. i need/look for a possibility to get a fine clean install with use of the upgrade keys.
    do you know how to do ? any idea ?

my windows 8.1 image with all editions in one (core/pro/enterprise and x86/x64) is working fine, but still not accept these upgrade keys.

...i'm afraid, i'll have to find the solution by myself....

some info's by the way :
    - my aio is made by myself using dism / imagex
    - based on original untouched msdn-iso's
    - to continue i need/i'm looking for iso's with install.wim - the esd-downloads are containing install.esd (not readable/extractable by dism)

thx for all the help here in :worthy:

best regards nayss

5. nayss

nayss MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2013
    hi roonibrice,

if you have enterprise installed, then it is enterprise. otherwise it would be called/displayed as pro(fessional).
    hope this helps...

best regards nayss

6. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I believe for upgrade keys you have to modify a certain registry key to allow straight installs. At least, that was the case for 8.0
    We haven't discussed the 8.1 upgrade key method very much; as far as I know.
    You might try to find the key for the 8.0 and see if it still works for 8.1.
    Then you could mount the indexes and do a reg load, import, and unload on each index to allow those upgrade keys.

7. nayss

nayss MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2013
    hi murphy,

well - that's a good hint. i still know, which string to add under windows 8.0 :eek: ...
    I'll let you know, if i get any results.

anyway, i'm brassed off of this situation. so i just took one of my pc's. actually downloading the esd-windows 8.1 pro upgrade, will install it on the pc, after them i'll create image out of this installation using dism/imagex. i'll give that a try now... (but untouched original iso's would be much better...)

best regards nayss

8. nayss

nayss MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2013
    #48 nayss, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    finally done !
    just had to extract the wim out of a virtual machine. i found no other way...
    will going to test it now by adding into my existing image, later i can tell you, if it was succesful.

best regards nayss

post scriptum :

...right now at work...

9. nayss

nayss MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2013
    ...well, seems to be failed.
    the selection is missing on my aio disc.
    it prompted me for a key during install, after them it offered win 8.1 pro x86 and x64.

i'm not sure, but maybe i made something wrong...
    i'll check it later.

need a break now...

best regards nayss

10. nayss

nayss MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2013
    hi,

well, failed.
    the extracted wim must be different from 'regular' wim's.
    second try with same result.
    :mad:

...best regards nayss

11. WaqhaZ

WaqhaZ MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2014
    Windows 8.1 64Bit Single Language ISO Required for my preinstalled PC

12. ecdb1902

ecdb1902 MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2012
    Windows 8.1 Pro VL links not working anymore?

Links not working anymore?? Alternatives? THANKS a million

13. Johanend

Johanend MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2014
    Does anyone have direct links to the N-versions, Windows 8.1 N or Windows 8.1 Pro N RTM/GA?

14. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Just search for PaulDesmond's Jukebox. You will find what you need there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013