Windows 8.1 RTM no automatic internet connection

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ultimate_live, Sep 15, 2013.

1. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Hi.
    I was using Windows 8. My internet is "Radio" using a Bullet which is connected to my PC. So, I create a new Broadband connection (PPPOE) unde Windows. After creating it, I put the "service" and manually connected to the internet. But after restarting, and loggong into my account it shows me a windows where I had to put login and password, and I also marked "automatic connection when login, and worked fine.
    After installing Windows 8.1 Preview it seems that it was removed. Because after creating a new connection and restarting my computer, there isn´t any window anymore to create my automatic connection. I can connect only manually clicking on the Icon on tray.
    I thought that this option of windows 8 would be back on final release, but it wasn´t.
    How can I can configure my computer to connect automatically after login to my account, because I don´t like to connect all the times manually.

2. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Can someone help me ?

3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You could probably accomplish what you're trying to do using a cmd script, then schedule the script to run onlogon using the task scheduler.
    I don't know the commands for those connection things or even if what you're trying to do is already supported, sorry...

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...