Windows 8.1 RTM - Official Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by WinDev, Aug 20, 2013.

1. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
  2. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    That's the 3rd thread on the same thing. :biggrin3:

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And how many post's?:laie::gathering:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    People are excited and eager to share any news re the expected M$ miracle :laie: :laie:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. t0ms

t0ms MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2013
    computerworld.com/s/article/9241658/Do_devs_and_IT_pros_get_Windows_8.1_early_Not_even_Microsoft_knows

6. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    #7 MrAnalysis, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    Willing to bet it will RTM at least 2 weeks before availability to the general public. I would bed money that by the mid next week or the end of next week there will be "its hit RTM" rumours. Give it 3 weeks an it will be signed off for sure and most likely leaked a week or a little over a weak before this "official date".

But the above is a guess, no one really knows. I bet even Microsoft don't no for 100% they most likely have a date when it might get signed off (or they would like it to) but they wont no for sure. There could always be a last min bug to squish.

The last thing Microsoft would/should do right now would be release an unstable system or one filled with massive bugs (I don't think they will 8.1 seams awesome at the moment)

It is kind of fun to guess when it will be out though so i do get these posts and do get why people are excited. Enjoy the speculating but just remember no one knows, and you would not want to no knowing the date of release would mean its getting pushed out for that date regardless of bugs that might still be in it and that's a very bad thing for everyone.