Windows 8 $14.99 Upgrade Code is Now available

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    I had a problem while downloading. The installation file I downloaded corrupt when realmete its size should be something more than 5 megabytes (5.18 MB) (5,442,160 bytes).

I used Internet Download Manager to get a successful download.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Y pay even the 'modest price' when WMC keys are free? :confused:

Aaahhh..I get it... "Its the right thing to do.." No pirates here right? :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    I do not understand.

I pay € 14.99 is not too bad. This will help in the future are encouraged to offer more similar deals.

We know that free is better, but I think that is the way to go. Having conscience for such a low price, it is very, very cheap.

Everyone, do what you consider.

4. buendia

buendia MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Is it really necessary to purchase new computer first to be eligible for the 15$ upgrade to Windows 8?

5. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    No any COA key will work - they don't check the date..

Cool ... my faith in humanity is restored...:)

6. ssvdude

ssvdude MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012
    Can i use the same key for several Non-commercial PC's?

7. geneticplasma

geneticplasma MDL Senior Member

May 13, 2011
    Few minutes ago, I finished upgrade-procedure by Win8-Upgrade-Assistent and at the moment Win8-ISO is donwnloading (by M$-Assistent).

But I haven't get any option to choose dir:confused: so now I don't know, where Windows is saving the file:confused:

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance:)

8. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Yeah but think you need a genuine activated Pro install to use it first, pretty sure those keys won't allow you to install Windows 8, they are just to upgrade Pro to Pro with WMC.

9. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Mooo...? anyway got a handful of Dreamspark keys for like nuthin' - wasn't necessary 2 use

10. tonyt3rry

tonyt3rry MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012
    Ok so ive just bought windows 8 pro from the upgrade assistand thing, am I right to think that I dont download from the windows thing and download the .iso off one of the threads if so can someone help me out, im on 64bit os

thanks

11. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Just download the Windows 8 ISO with the Upgrade program if you don't already have it, should be faster & a lot easier than getting it another way as I think most of the ones up on here are by torrent.

12. tonyt3rry

tonyt3rry MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012
    will that work as fresh install as I have a loader activated win 7. that's why im a bit lost

13. tonyt3rry

tonyt3rry MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012
    thank you im making a usb from the tool now

14. lgj1952

lgj1952 MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Wonder why it differs in the size of iso file
    upgrade iso is 2.62 GB and msdn is 3.24 GB both x64

15. Redsand

Redsand MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    #36 Redsand, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    I wanted to point out that it was NOT possible for me to do a clean install and activate with the Windows 8 Upgrade key.

I was running Windows 7, bought the upgrade key through the Windows 8 Upgrade assistant, picked the "create bootable media" option and downloaded the Win8 ISO. I then used the Windows 7 USB tool to create a bootable USB.

After that, I erased my entire SSD using secure erase... so nothing was left on it. Installed Windows 8 from USB and it accepted my key during installation. However, once I logged into Windows 8 after install, it was not activated. Tried again to activate via control panel and an error code came up along with the message ~ "Cannot use this version of Windows for a clean install".

So I just reinstalled Win7 and installed 8 within Win7, and now I'm running an activated Win8 Pro just fine.

Cliffs: Cannot use Win8 upgrade key for a clean install

16. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Ok... but what if you use OEM Windows 8 ISO, like the one on this forum?

17. cascao

cascao MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2012

Try msdn ISO.

18. sorrowuk

sorrowuk MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2010
    Can you use the same windows 7 product key for validation and get multiple windows 8 discount codes for $14.99

Or is there anyway to validate without having a coa with windows 7. Can you use any keys on the internet, even if the don't activate, just to validate through this form ?

19. Redsand

Redsand MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    I'll pass as I'm set up with Win8 and good to go. Hopefully someone else can let us know if an upgrade key will activate a clean install of Win8 using a different iso