Windows 8 (7955) Findings in M3 Leak

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by spion, Apr 26, 2011.

1. evilbringer

evilbringer MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    #41 evilbringer, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    Different type of activation:
    -Clean Install-

Install this registry edit: http ://mediafire.com/?xa9z3pfsbbx14ns

Take full control of system32 (takes a bit longer but it wil make you control everything)

Download NoPill 1.2: http :// beta.xeraxic.com/news/?p=80

Run NoPill.

Precautions: DO NOT click replace on a fresh install, or else you'd have to take ownership of files again.

All credits go to Xeraxic ^^

2. jakakecu

jakakecu MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    hxxp://lh3.ggpht.com/_smlHG_YnVLU/TbqZgAvwewI/AAAAAAAAE_M/3zvihS6yOR4/s1600/4-29-2011-8-19-06-AM3.jpg

Open

\Users\Public\UserTiles

taro file nya…

smallusertile = usertileX.ms-usertiledynamic.wmv.ms-usertilesmallgen.bmp

Large usetile = usertileX.ms-usertiledynamic.wmv.ms-usertilelargegen.bmp

Video = usertileX.ms-usertiledynamic.wmv

3. superMDMArio

superMDMArio MDL Member

Dec 16, 2008
    #44 superMDMArio, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    hello scooby^.

could write this code above in a way that uses oobe.cmd.

Code:
    @echo off

;;Enable Explorer Ribbon UI
    REG ADD HKCR\CLSID\{4F12FF5D-D319-4A79-8380-9CC80384DC08} /v AppID /t REG_SZ /d {9198DA45-C7D5-4EFF-A726-78FC547DFF53} /f
    ;Enable Webcam Capture Application
    REG ADD "HKLM\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\GRE_Initialize" /v RemoteFontBootCacheFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 4111 /f
    ;Enable Windows PDF Reader
    REG ADD HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\applets\paint\capabilities /v CLSID /t REG_SZ /d {D3E34B21-9D75-101A-8C3D-00AA001A1652} /f

Exit 

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #45 tcntad, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I dont think you read NO QUESTIONS HERE, PLEASE!

but not in OOBE.cmd but setupcomplete.cmd

5. methodbeat

methodbeat MDL Member

Apr 28, 2011
    New Feature, Remove Connection Profile In Wifi [Windows 8]

image : h**p://image.bayimg.com/dahldaadn.jpg

this is the new feature i found, i guess wasn't in windows 7
    :)

6. spion

spion MDL Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Nice find.

7. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Well, spill!

8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #49 Stannieman, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    The problem is that if some feature is needed, most of the time someone can just program it.
    MS has to take care of many features in windows. With some exceptions, most of the alternative replacements are better.
    For example the taskmanager, there are better taskmanagers available, just because they are made by people who say "damn, we're gonna make a good decent taskmanager".
    There are also better replacements for explorer, like totalcommander. The problem with this is that it may be confusing for unexperienced users, and MS wants windows to be usable for everyone.

So if some amazing feature is made, it must be somewhere deep inside the os and kernel. A change that can't be made by any alternative program. And it would need to be something that's not in unix, linux, OSX or any other OS.
    This also brings enormous problems. If the feature is really revolutionary, it may not be possible to inplement it in the good old NT kernel. This would bring the need for a new kernel, which will brake compatibility with lots of programs. Also it takes a long time to develope a new kernel from scratch which is fast and stable, and is developed to the same level as NT is today.
    MS is now already quite some years working on singularity, and it's still not ready for meanstream implementation yet. (although that also may be because singularity isn't one of their main concerns)

Another thing is that, essentially, an OS is just software that's made to let hardware play together nicely, and additionaly to be able to run other programs on that hardware. The result is that most of the core OS features are anticipations and reactions on what's happening in the hardware world. Metro looks indeed nice, and there's the immersive browser etc too, but it's all made just because it was needed for tablets and other touchscreen based devices. If computers were still only controlled by keyboards and mice, the chances are pretty big that metro never existed.

This is only my opinion in this case, of course one may have other ideas. If someone does come op with a great idea, I can only support that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. golephish

golephish MDL Member

Apr 26, 2011
    7/01/2011 7:59 pm

This is when the timebomb explodes. have we found anything to fix this yet?

10. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    ehm.....

exp.jpg

for that day, we hope to have a newer build....:biggrin:

11. zumuzza

zumuzza MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    There UxTheme for build 7955?

Guys like the title says, the 7955 version there uxtheme? o_O

12. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    ?

You want to know if there's a patched uxtheme.dll, right?

If so, have to admit, i really don't know. ;/

13. majeed-s

majeed-s MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    I tried!! I tried to patch it but I couldn't!!, so I used tuneup 2011 for windows 7,, but no:(
    windows 7 themes doesn't work at all!!
    it gives Error!!

14. 3ricky114

3ricky114 MDL Senior Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Windows Live Messenger on Build 7955

Someone please help me... when I install Windows Live Messenger 2011 it won't work :(
    When I reboot it disappears... and I can't find a shortcut of 'Messenger' or a folder 'windows live' in program files..

Also I can't enable MS .NET framework 3.1 and 4.0... When I turn these features on in "turn windows features on or off" I get a error: "Some of the features can't be enabled" or something like that...

Please Help Me

15. BlackZer0

BlackZer0 MDL Member

Apr 28, 2011
    One word:
    eBuddy

16. paul3200

paul3200 Guest

W8 updates???

i have updates for drivers (display, WiFi and ethernet) i installed them and apparently they installed correctly but after i restarted my laptop it said the updates still had to be done

is there a problem with updates at the moment or what?

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Man.... its a pre-M3 release.... even not a beta!!! It should or i say it has to be such kind of unstable!!!

18. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Not windows updates. Drivers, and updates for office, silverlight, defender etc will be offered through winupdate, not OS updates though.

19. paul3200

paul3200 Guest

so is it just a bug? and should i hide and ignore them?