Windows 8. A great thing for tablets. A bad thing for PC?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Roguetomato, Oct 9, 2012.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    With any new Software and/or OS, there's a learning curve required and many of those users you're talking about, are just to lazy to do just that. And for sure there also some out there who listen to the negative comments, like your's, for to have an Alibi NOT to do something!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lnasay

lnasay MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2009
    finally windows 8 is a big fat joke not for corporates good for the kids and Justin Bierber :p

3. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    I am totally with you on this I have just spent my first 24 hours with win 8 on a desktop yes at first impressions its difficult to navigate as i am used to the win 7 /xp type of system but i can all ready see the appeal of the metro start page and how good it would be on a tablet

for none pc literate ppl the metro is a good interface and easy to navigate given time and ppls willingness to learn I am sure it will do well

I will continue getting used to it and giving it a fair trial not listening to cynics and negative ppl that are not prepared to find out for them selfs

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    Personal opinion, 20 years of computer testing..

GETTING USED TO IT DOES NOT MEAN BETTER OR MORE PRODUCTIVE....
    ...means just being a "follower of the flood" accepting whatever media and society are pushing down our throat..
    From 7850 to 7989 era i was excited bout Windows 8, after first hours DP usage,disappointed, but gived a try until last RP days, so decided for my needings and hobbies, to upgrade back to 7, after that i realize how easy and fast and productive is to drive a bycycle with Round Wheels, even the Modern Square wheels looks beautiful and fashionate....

GameDev you're killing me man :laie: :laie: :laie:

6. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    In no way am i stating that its better or that its a move forward only that all ppl testing this need to make there own minds up as what is bad for one person can easily be good for the next

7. streetking360

streetking360 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    Haters gonna hate, Lovers gonna love.:biggrin:

8. Akko

Akko MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Netbook users gonna turn their back