Windows 8 AIO x64 18in1 en-US DaRT8 Pre-Activated May2013 - where is the KMS service?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by homechicken, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homechicken

homechicken MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2013
    I installed Win8ProWMC this afternoon in virtualbox. Things seem great! I'm activated for 30 days.

I can't seem to find the KMS service that was installed. I found the executable in the C:\Windows\KMSServerService directory with the scripts, but I'm not finding the service listed or seeing a task in the task scheduler.

I set my clock ahead two weeks and the registration information didn't change in the System control panel.

Can someone enlighten me? This seems too good to be true. I just want to know I'll be all right in a month, or in seven days. I realize that I might have to just go with Win8Pro but that's another issue.

It is stated in the readme file that there is an automatic renewal each week, but I can't seem to find how that will occur.

Any help would be much appreciated.

And if this is the wrong place to post this, I apologize. I tried to post where I got a hold of this but I was unable to register.

Thank you very much!

2. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Its not so much the wrong place to ask, but its the wrong place to ask. As far as i know, Murphy made that, you should PM him.

With me guessing how to solve your problem, run "Task Scheduler" and see if the task is running under Task Scheduler Library. Otherwise, realize this site doesn't care about your custom distro and has no idea what the author did to activate it. If you didn't assemble it yourself and understand what is happening behind the scenes, you deserve whatever happens to you.

3. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    That is one of the most possible warm welcome, he could get in this forum.

If humans continue to have this attitude then, the below scenario is not far away.

Patient : Doc i met with an accident and my leg broke

Doctor : Whose fault was it ?

Patient : Mine

Doctor : Then you deserve to enjoy the pain, i am not going to treat you.

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Windows 8 Core and ProWMC need Trigger KMS. They will not renew activation automatically, I tested it. The 30 days are a glitch and any renewal delay is ignored. After the 30 days are over Core/ProWMC pretends it has never contacted a KMS server.

5. adit123tya

adit123tya MDL Senior Member

Oct 25, 2012
    guys as per my knowledge core/ProWMC are not available in vl editions then how can they activate using kms

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Because there are VL keys for them. Remember: An official KMS Server will outright reject any request from Core/ProWMC. Only the KMS Emulator will provide a reply which in turn activates for 30 days.

7. adit123tya

adit123tya MDL Senior Member

Oct 25, 2012
    can you link me to any of such gvlk keys, technet doenn't provide those