Windows 8 Beta build leaked....real or fake?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by X-MEN, Jul 17, 2010.

?

Windows 8 prealpha build real or fake..?

1. Real

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Fake

44 vote(s)
    72.1%
  3. Confused

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    I would have never have guessed they wanted to make Windows 8 faster...

Going by the setup and UI, if its not done in photoshop I think it would be a Linux mod. The desktop UI just has that look about it that seems more 'Linuxy' than 'Windowsy' :)

For people who know what they are doing, its not hard to fake that! Notice on the setup screen, the English doesn't quite make sense and is grammatically incorrect.

Note the copied grammar and use of capitilisation:

'Collect system info and copy file'
    - Wow, Windows 8 only has one file?

'Format Selected Driver'
    - So, you get to select the one driver your computer uses, and then format it, effectively removing it from your system? Or is it format in the sense of compiling it to suit your system? What is this magical one drive its referring to anyway?

'Backup previous version of Windows'
    - I would have thought it would make sense to do this first, but I'm sure Microsoft knows what they're doing ;)

'Choose Driver to install Windows'
    - Again with this driver? Didn't you previously select it so it could be formatted two steps previous? Which friggin' driver do I need to select so it can be installed on my machine? How will selecting this one driver affect the one Windows file that was copied?

What about the current progress 'Complete copy files and saving default Setting...'? What, there are now more than one file? I'm so disappointed. Why does it need to save the default setting? If its default, wouldn't it just need copying over? No point saving something on each individual machine if nothing has been modified!

I'm glad Microsoft has concentrated on the installer before the rest of Windows in this beta. Afterall, the installer is the most critical part of the actual operating system in terms of interface etc. Without a good installer interface the whole of Windows is practically useless. I see why it was a priority to make a new installer so early in testing rather than utilising a modified Windows 7 installer for the moment :)

The start button does look really nice, but looks very much like a Linux creation...

3. odinthegreatone

odinthegreatone MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I seriously doubt that those are real windows 8 shots. Considering Windows 8 is going to be a while before its release.

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    lol...We still have to wait some time for SP1...lol I voted confused to play it safe :p...lol

5. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Confused timesurfer ? Come on :D lol!

Correct me if im wrong but isnt M$ going to make use of UEFI bios with windows 8. That'll cause a few problems for us beta tester's wont it ? Or should i say "challenge". :D:D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    lol...I dunno sometimes it's more fun to pretend :p...lol

And you know me I'll just be hoping for the same rearm vulnerability hole in 8 if they bless us again like they have so far with 7 :biggrin:

7. barba_2

barba_2 MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2010
    7z script

Hi!
    It's impossible for me to find a valid link to download your activate2010 script.
    It would be great if you could send me it to my mail.
    Tks. in advance;)

8. raze5115

raze5115 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2011
    are the links still alive?

9. raze5115

raze5115 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2011
    status of the dl links

Are the links still alive for dl?

10. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #30 Shenj, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011