windows 8 computer install worked but now can't self repair-says drive C locked

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by CaymanJack, Dec 16, 2012.

1. CaymanJack

CaymanJack MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2012
    My new 16GB I7-2770k windows 8 pro (64 bit) pre-installed says it can't self-repair and that drive C is locked. Called dealer (IBUYPOWER) and they say I need to re-install windows 8 Pro and that something in the software was corrupted on drive C. They are trying to get a systems disk for windows 8 from microsoft but it has not arrived. My computer did not come with a systems disk so I can't reinstall windows 8 until I get the disk. For the past few weeks my new computer had been useless. Before the system failed I did make a USB recovery key but that did not let me fix the problem. I can get to the UEFI bios page but I still can't get the computer to load windows (apparently due to the locked drive C). 1) Any suggestions would be appreciated. 2) Any way to unlock drive C? 3)Any way to download a systems disk for Windows Pro 8 (64 bit so I can burn a CD or DVD on my spare computer and use it on my new computer?) I do have the KEY information on the Windows sticker that came with the computer. -- Thanks for any help.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...