Windows 8 for DreamSpark students coming August 25th

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by xscess, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ussama

ussama MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    I have WIN 8 Pro x64 key through dreamspark premium account but the area i am now a days have a lot of connectivity problem.so I am unable to download it. Can any one provide me Win 8 Pro X64 torrent link or other links... having same Hash SHA as of dreamspark premium

2. antony_blu3

antony_blu3 MDL Member

Aug 7, 2012
    There is no need the same SHA,
    I use the leaked one and activated it using dreamspark premium keys ;)

3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Anyone know if the x86 key will work in activating a x64 copy and vice versa?

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Yes. Keys are interchangeable :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. antony_blu3

antony_blu3 MDL Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I don't think it'll work out, but you have 2 keys from Dreamspark premium right, each for x86 and x64?

6. langer hans

langer hans MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2008
    Keys are interchangeable between language AND architecture. I got 4 keys from DS: Each 32/64 bit for German and English. Yesterday I activated a German x64 version with an English 32bit key ;)
    Good thing is that this is just for Pro. Next week comes Enterprise which will get another 2 or 4 keys. Let's see :D

7. antony_blu3

antony_blu3 MDL Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Yes, Enterprise version is mentioned to be available on MSDN sites, maybe later

8. thesire

thesire MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    if you have the pro x64 and restored your token file , will the key still activate it?

9. Rakeesh

Rakeesh MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    I got two keys off of there, pretty nice.

10. uchiha_dave

uchiha_dave MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    #70 uchiha_dave, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    My friend asked me whether he can download Windows 8 from Dreamspark. He didn't graduate yet, but he took a break and didn't take any course this semester(He didn't take any course last semester neigher). However, he still have access to his college's dreamspark premium account. Status = Verified in dreamspark account(Account still active)

Can he download Windows 8? Is dreamspark going to send any info to the college or anything else that may get him into trouble in the future?

11. Boyfriend

Feb 10, 2010
    He can download Windows 8 if he has access to his college account. Nothing is reported back to college/university.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    No key has been given on Dreamspark. It tells to email the key when that will be available.

13. uchiha_dave

uchiha_dave MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    Why's that? No key? So that means it's not available for dreamspark yet? When are they going to send the key to the email?

14. Boyfriend

Feb 10, 2010
    Keys available to an account are managed withing Dream Spark account. On checkout, key is displayed directly. Nothing comes in email. In Dream Spark Premium, keys are available for 24 extra months, means one can access those keys in ones Dream Spark account within 24 months, although keys are permanent. It is better to save your keys on your computer/dropbox/somewhere you can access when you need.

15. gigimasinuta

gigimasinuta MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    A friend of mine said that he got windows 7 via dreamspark and the rules said something like: " the windows can only be installed and than activated only for 5 times". I don't understand this. What if i do something stupid and need to reinstall the OS often. Is there a risk to not be able to activate with the dreamspark key?

Obviously I know this is windows 8 and not 7, but i was wondering if the policy is the same. The windows can only be activated for 5 times on the same machine? Or for an unlimited ammount of times?

16. antony_blu3

antony_blu3 MDL Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Anybody has tried activating one dreamspark key for many machines?

17. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    The Online PIDChecke says my windows 7 keys are MAK keys, so you should be able to check with VAMT how many activations are left. For windows 8 I got retail keys. Those work 5 times and then you need to call MS, but they will just add more activations to the key as it's a legit key.

18. buksnatata

buksnatata MDL Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Only 5 times and if you change hardware or something you will need to reactivate windows again.

19. antony_blu3

antony_blu3 MDL Member

Aug 7, 2012
    After 5 times, we must call MS to active/confirm it?

20. TFN

TFN MDL Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I've got 2 Keys for Win 8 Pro, fully working