Windows 8 Hardware

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by PAYMYRENT, Dec 1, 2012.

?

Would you trade up for a touch device right now?

1. You will upgrade to a touch enabled device

12.2%
  2. can't afford it.

34.1%
  3. will stay with your current display HD or not :p

43.9%
  4. Widows 8 WHY?

19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cannonfodder

cannonfodder MDL Novice

May 30, 2012
    Touch my screen and you're liable to have a finger chopped off!
    Hate finger marks on my screen, even my three year old grandson won't touch.:huh:
    Im ok with smudges on my phone though.o_O

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    With an Anti-Glare Filter attached it isn't to bad!!:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    was using a 22" touchscreen monitor for awhile, was the most annoying thing you could imagine. After a couple of minutes your shoulder and your ebow would be so tired that you wonder who the hell has that stupid idea, to make a big fat monitor as touch.

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I don't believe that touch screen at this size will be the majority. Tablets up to 12" maybe 13" might be the big volume in sales where touch makes sense. The other category probably will be the real big ones like Ballmer has for educational purpose but as long as nobody can afford them, it will be a very small part of the business.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The Lenovo I was using for to test, had an 20" Touch Screen and the cost of that AiO were below THB 20,000.00, app. US$ 620.00 which is OK.

Time I had to test were quite little and I stand in front off. So how that would be using such machine on an Table is a totally different "game"! Anyway, I would mainly use the mouse just occasional the Touch Screen as example for sorting Pictures etc. or so, there an Touch Screen would works very well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #26 Shenj, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    [_] You understood the point of a touchscreen Monitor.
    [x] You did not understand the point of a touchscreen Monitor.

PAYMYRENT did bring them in, while not directly it's what he meant.
    And "Swipe" has only one meaning.. "Swipe" and on W8 doing a Edge Swipe reveals Controls like Charms Bar etc, and thats the point.. can you bring up the Charms Bar on the Remote PC while Remoting on a W8 device via swipe (touch, not mouse an not your own charmsbar!)

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    In RAdmin, I clearly use the screen of the remote machine and only, if I'm outside of the remote screen and on the screen of my controlling computer I use that screen. That applies to Windows 8 as well.That said, if I use on both computer Windows 8, I could open both Charms, one on the controlled computer and one on the controlling computer!