Windows 8 Hotfix Repository

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by McRip, Aug 7, 2012.

1. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    As reported in the KMS thread, not a glimpse of a problem. All went smoothly ... lol

2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    No Problem Here
    Installed all updates

3. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Here I installed all provided updates,from MS and MDL.Restarted,no problems.:worthy:

4. gabrox

gabrox MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Same like you Rockhunter. can't install this update on W8 pro. I don't understand plz help :mad:

5. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I did a restore. Then had to use the install DVD to repair the installation to get it to boot. It worked so I tried to download the updates. Same problem. They installed. Told me to restart. As system was shutting down it Configured the updates to about 72% and then restarted. On the way up it continued configuring updates until it reached the point where I once again got the error message about failure and reverting. So I'm back in Windows 7 looking for answers.

6. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The update went smoothly for me... but my custom themes stopped working and I'm using UXStyle :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    The update was quick and painless here as well on multiple machines.. So,I have to ask,guys,if you had used some sort of watermark remover/activator 'helper'/etc that messed up the system files?

8. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    No watermark remover but there must be something in my installation that is causing the problem. And the problem is that it could be any of several dozen programs and utilities that I've installed. I may start again tomorrow by repairing the installation and trying the updates one at a time until I find the one (I hope it is only one) that causes the problem.

9. gabrox

gabrox MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    For me They installed. Told me to restart. As system was shutting down it Configured the updates to about 98% and then restarted. 98% :x:nono2:

10. gabrox

gabrox MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    #110 gabrox, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    No i use nothing, i officialy activated with phone one month ago:wheelchair: just got classic-shell i test without it and it's the same.

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    It seems, that you guys have altered the OS with something that does not allow updates in any way. I myself updated 10 machines since yesterday without any problem. The machines are mostly different and of different ages. The only thing, they all have in common is, that these were virgin installations without any crack, watermark stuff, start button etcetera. Most were activated through Technet keys and two are KMS activated and all work perfect ...

12. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    From an elevated command prompt, run:
    sfc /scannow

See if that helps!

13. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #113 Nucleus, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    Same here, problems with KB2756872...

Reboots and same as mentioned by others 'Failure configuring Windows updates - Reverting changes'. A couple of reboots then I'm back into Win 8.

Nowt dodgey, legit activation, no watermark removers or any such rubbish applied. Looking for a solution now, running sfc /scannow as I post this, will update when scanned and tried again. A possible conflict with something I have installed?

Win 8 Pro (x64) dual booting with Win 7 Pro (x64) - partitions on same drive.

Edit: Just noticed that the Store tile has vanished from Metro UI since attempting to apply KB2756872

Edit 2: Desktop tile has also vanished from Metro UI since attempting to apply KB2756872, I use Win-D anyway but would like these missing tiles restored. Waiting for sfc /scannow to complete...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. moonrak

moonrak MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    Hi,
    I am having the exact same issue.
    Clean install, Spanish version, activated via kms.
    No funny cracks, patches, etc. A clean Windows 8 Professional refusing to install this update.
    I left my PC also running sfc /scannow
    I am now at work so I cannot see the results.
    Something I also did was to manually download the update to my hard disk.
    I will try to apply it manually and not via Windows update.
    Moonrak

15. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectly clean? No software or AV installed yet? Did you also have the missing tiles from Metro UI?

16. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Installed smoothly on all of my 2012 servers and all but one of my Win8 desktops, of course the one I use primarily. Same symptoms as others are reporting.

17. moonrak

moonrak MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    No AV. Only Acronis, Winrar, Mirillis Splash pro player and Daum PotPlayer.
    But no cracks, hacktivators at all. That was what I meant by "clean".
    I did not check the missing Metro tiles. I will see that when I get back home.
    Moonrak

18. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    No joy! :(

Ran sfc /scannow - no errors, downloaded standalone (Windows8-RT-KB2756872-x64.msu) and installed fine...

Need To Restart > Configuring Windows Updates > 30% > Restarting > Dual Boot Screen (Choose Win 8) > Configuring Windows Updates > 98% > Failure Configuring Windows Updates - Reverting Changes

Couple of reboots and a couple of Reverting Changes screens and I'm back into Win 8. Metro tiles Store and Desktop are back though.

Someone else also mentioned the 98% before failure.

19. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I'm wondering, why they have sent a big update package like a service pack and did not provide single updates. If they did it single, everyone could find out the problem by installing one after the other. Certainly it is easier to make it en block but for troubleshooting it is a mess.
    On the other hand, as I said earlier, I updated 10 machines without issues

20. Kikoo

Kikoo MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Time to look through the log files / event log entries.