Windows 8 KMS Helper r004

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Bob65536, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob65536

Bob65536 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    Personally I won't used it unless there is another intermittent server. It isn't for people that know what they are doing. It is for people that don't know what they are doing and try to activate with a retail key or WMC installed.

2. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Still, can't see the point using a "helper" that don't work (or help you). If you can type in a new server in your "helper", you can type slmgr /kms new server in Command line...
    Can you explain how your "helper" is helping people activate their Win8 installation?

3. craig62

craig62 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    Don't let the trolls get to you mate, I have been reading this forum for 5yrs, and after posting my
    1ST Topic recently, apparently I'm a MS Spy.(So I asked for it to be Locked) This Forum is great esp for finding ways to improve and change
    stuff I don't like abt my Windows. You might agree, that this Windows 8 forum, has a (Boys' Only Club) type theme. And its that/those flame posts
    that really pisses me.

Anyway thanks, for at least trying to help People.

4. greatjiang

greatjiang MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2012
    Pro with WMC is gone.......

5. hana

hana MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2008
    guys give the man some credit he's just trying to help

6. olydays

olydays MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2012
    hello, i have windows 8 Enterprise RTM , windows 8 kms activator is work?

7. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I think all these helper programs just stand to confuse people & the type of person that would use this program will probably think it's a KMS activator it is absolutely NOT & should really be labelled as just a "GUI for slmgr" which is the most appropriate label because that's what it is just a GUI for slmgr.

8. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    No it's not working, it have never work, and it will never work so long as there is no active KMS servers out there. And if there is a active KSM out there, the best advice is to manual install the KMS server and key, and not use any software.

9. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Retarded... This is malware right there.

10. Poopoo

Poopoo MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2012
    Wow, so many dicks here.
    Although its not really needed, this program seems to do a good thing.
    If i hadn't activated windows already, i might have used this every time i bothered to try, as it seems a bit quicker than manually typing in everything.

So thanks for the program, i'm sure there are people who will use it, if not to simply make the activation a little more simple for them.

Anyone who reads this - is there a thread going thats keeping up to date with kms servers? The main one is locked now, and i'm unsure on how to find out if another server is up.

11. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Keyword highlighted by me.

DoS'ing KMS servers is a good thing to you? So in other words you have no clue and yet you comment on people criticising this turd? You're not helping.

12. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    And what is the changes of one of the offline KMS servers ever getting up again? It's a reason why they went offline. So there is no point having a software that only uses offline KMS servers that never will work again. The only way to get activated with this software is if you find a new active KSM server and then type it in to the program. But if you can do that, you can manage to type slmgr -kms new server + slmgr -ato in your command line also.

13. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    That's a lot of code just to replace slmgr.vbs!

14. Bob65536

Bob65536 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    Windows includes a good SNTP implementation. The problem is that they don't give developers a nice way to access it. I opted to use the Windows implementation, but in order to make it "fool proof" I had to make sure the time server was valid. In hind sight that may not have been the best decision. It wasn't my intention to make any permanent system changes other than Windows activation.

So in the new version I have implemented my own SNTP client. Its not as accurate as the Windows implementation but it should be accurate within 20 ms. It no longer makes any permanent system changes other than whats required for KMS activation.

Agreed...I added a user configurable delay between checking servers. It defaults to one hour. Initially there was no delay because there were some reports that some KMS servers would be available for a few minutes periodically.

I removed all of the static servers. The only servers it comes with are dynamic DNS URLs that may point to a working KMS server in the future.

15. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I have not used this one, but I used the FAKE one and Activated over 15 Different units...
    Enterprise and Pro x64 an x86... all with GVLK keys except one with a MAK key...
    MAK Enterprise (IMHO) is worthless CRAP...
    KJ Thanks for the FAKE Activator... Thanks for the KMS helper also... I have not used but I might need it some day...

16. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    I don't see why he is being attacked for making a tool, if there was a server online which most people hope there will be again soon, it would be a nifty little time saver! Thanks for making it Bob, your efforts are appreciated.

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Frustrated members, not to be able to get what they want, will attack anything which isn't work for them. Unfortunately that's human nature!

May those tool Bob were creating didn't could work in the moment because no KMS Servers are available at this time, didn't means that those tools is useless at all! It will have it's own advantage at the same moment some KMS Servers are available.

@Bob: carry on with your development and better don't answer any of that B****hit post from those who attacking you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Yeah, thanks for nothing. If you make a foolish decision, at least keep it to yourself and don't rally other fools into trying a FAKE activation.

19. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Using the software:
    1. Find and install Visual C++ 2012 Redist x86 installed.
    2. Download Windows 8 KMS Helper
    3. Unzip Windows 8 KMS Helper
    4. Run Windows 8 KMS Helper
    5. Choose Win version
    6. Chosse KMS server - or type in a new one
    7. Click activate

==================================

Using Command line

No need to download and install anything.

1. Start command line as Administrator (right click)
    2. Type in: slmgr -ipk (KMS key)
    3. Type in: slmgr -skms new server
    4. Type in: slmgr -ato

So it's not a time saver. Had it worked, maybe. But it do not work, so it do not save any time, only uses time on a useless software.

20. Bob65536

Bob65536 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    You are my favorite kind of troll. <3