Windows 8 OEM Sources Information

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ambidav, Nov 24, 2012.

1. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Check the linked thread. That case needs to grab the key from BIOS/UEFI using a Live system. Afterwards you can determine the version by checking the key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    As long as you have a legit key matching your installed Windows version this should work :good3:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. debell

debell MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    Thank you.

How would I distinguish between normal core, Pro or single language and know which ISO to download and install?

4. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
  5. debell

debell MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    Thanks again for posting more information. I'm confident I could figure out version if I had access to the license key, but I'm more concerned in the event I do not have access to the license key. Since systems with Windows 8 pre-installed had no license key sticker, how would I know if I am using the right ISO.

What I would like to do be able to do is to download an ISO (x86 and x64) perhaps for multiple versions of Windows 8 (Core, Pro, Enterprise) and boot from that CD if needed and do a clean install of the operating system. I don't mind after installing having to call Microsoft and activate the installation but I'm hoping there is an ISO available that I could download that would be able to pull the license key from UEFI BIOS (?) and install accordingly.

With Windows 7, I had a clean OEM that I used for systems as well as the license key that was on the system from factory. This was very convenient rather than doing a restore/recovery from factory disks (which often customers don't have) or having to order disks.

Thank you again for the time you have spent with me.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    In Win 8/8.x they definitely raised the hurdle :cool2:. As long as the system is running the key should be gathered from BIOS, as it's no that easy to do with a Live System, i.e. Win 8.1 SE and RWEverything.

Second little problem is that Win 8.1 won't read the Win 8 keys from BIOS automatically, it still needs to install using the Retail Install Key then enter your key afterwards and activate.

In case it's Core or Pro you need the normal Win 8.1 with update (multiple-edition) ISO, only for CoreSingleLanguage a special ISO is needed.

7. debell

debell MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2012
    They sure did raise the hurdle. It's a shame they mae it so difficult to do this with a legit license key.

Here's what I found, please correct any mistakes:

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Yep, sounds promising. Even in case you installed the wrong version, with the gathered key you should be able to determine the correct version you'll need. Should be a good idea to keep the key safe :good3:.

9. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    the default screensavers are in C:\Windows\System32 for both 32 and 64 bit. I wasn't even aware that Lenovo included their own screensavers on any systems. I've got the Ideapad N580 and am enjoying it.

I have Lenovo recovery discs, but not sure how to open the files on them. I think it's Windows 8 system image rather than an "installer" type deal.

10. goardenfreeman

goardenfreeman MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2014
    Guys, I'm kind of sorry to ask, but maybe with your help I could help you, how do I extract the OEM Files (or more specificly what do you need from the OEM installation DVD).

Greetings,
    Goarden

11. Googolplex

Googolplex MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2014
    From the installation DVD you should take the autounattend.xml file from the root of the disc, the $OEM$ folder that sits inside the sources (/sources/$OEM$) folder and if present the EI.CFG (/sources/EI.CFG) file that also sits inside the sources folder.

12. vatog

vatog MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2014
    Where I can get Lenovo x64 windows pro 8.1 to download

from already thank you very much

13. Mister_Hunt_420

Mister_Hunt_420 MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2014
    im looking for Toshiba satellite c55t-a5218 factory recovery disk or at least full driver disk .... also a new/used digitizer if anyone knows where 2 get it except Toshiba themselves the digitizer is more than a whole new laptop :)

14. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    #155 timster, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  15. amethst

amethst MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2015
    Sometimes you can't find hp recovery partition, so you had better create recovery partition windows 8 firstly. I have used some backup software-AOMEI OneKey Recovery to do it and feel that they are good.

16. KUSUT

KUSUT MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2014
    Just want to share here...

Acer Windows 8 OEM Sources (from Acer Aspire V3-772 - Preinstalled Windows 8 / 8.1)

Download : h t tp://w ww.mediafire.com/download/co4c5s4m9x59uwq/Acer_Windows_8_OEM_Sources.zip

(sorry newbie restriction for posting a link... :p )

If you need some additional preinstalled Acer OEM apps, you can PM me (sorry too large to upload all, also i don't want to break any rule) :)

17. taskman

taskman MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    By chance, does anyone have a copy of Hewlett-Packard Windows 8 (Core) x64?

Or a plain copy of Windows 8?

I would appreciate this.

18. 4tifp001

4tifp001 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2017
    Anyone have a working link for Lenovo Windows 8 (Core) x64?

19. crytoy

crytoy MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2018
    Does anyone have Hp Windows 8 Single language x64? provide an urgent link