Windows 8 Patcher

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Peter Kleissner, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Limonica

Limonica MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    #201 Limonica, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    The thing is that in addition to patch file termsrv.dll still what it was perceived to setting fSingleSessionPerUser, because file termsrv.dll identical to the file from Windows 2012, Peter you just overlooked.

2. stu222

stu222 MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    V1.8 Not working here
    Using Windows 8 Pro with Media Center RTM
    It says it's patched but no concurrent session.

3. slim26

slim26 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2008
    I assume nobody has figured out how to have multiple concurrent sessions for the same user yet? Is it proven that this key no longer is functional (with any known termsrv.dll files)?

4. GourouLubrik

GourouLubrik MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    Just registered to say thanks for this amazing work. :worthy:

It's actually working on my unactivated Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition.

5. Limonica

Limonica MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    #205 Limonica, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

Attached Files:

6. devildantej

devildantej MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2012
    #206 devildantej, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    really worked! I can have 2 concurrent sessions using the same user account. Too bad it is only for x86 version :(
    I'm not able to find a x64 version patch

7. jshavitz

jshavitz MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2012
    Peter- Avast is reporting as Malware and blocking the download.
    Win32:Malware-gen

Thoughts? I've been nailed a few times in the last year or so. Thanks

8. mprost

mprost MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2009
    #208 mprost, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012

Attached Files:

9. Rav1ne

Rav1ne MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2012
    Do these work with remoteFX? Because rdp w/o rfx works on win7, but if 2 user tries to connect to the same box (different users of course) with remotefx, one user must disconnect. This was the case in win7 termsrv patches. So what with win8?
    I'm not expecting a quick answer, so i'll try it.

10. devildantej

devildantej MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2012
    absolutely amazing. well done :worthy:

11. DoUdAr

DoUdAr MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2012
    Hi there

I have Windows 8 Pro the retail image x64.. would this activate it?

12. Rav1ne

Rav1ne MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2012
    Doh, installed hyper-v 2012, win8 VM in it with remotefx enabled, just to find out this patch not working with remotefx-enabled hosts. Same things happens like in windows7, the first client should disconnect, or the second rdp-connection will be dropped after 30 sec. Any solution?

13. samyaditya

samyaditya MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2013
    #216 samyaditya, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    Works great!! But if we login to same user account that is currently logged-in in actual machine, then it gets connected only to client and disconnects the server. Any workaround for this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I replaced the termsrv.dll and after that i can log-in using same user account. But it does not shows currently opened applications, explorer windows on the client. What I am trying to do is to control my PC remotely using my mobile through RDP, everything works but when I log-in from my mobile (using RDP), i can't see any opened apps and explorer windows that are actually running on PC, but I get logged in with no running apps (appears like i have just started my computer). Please help.
    In short, I want to do what "teamviewer" does but using RDP as my mobile does not supports teamviewer but it supports RDP. Please help:(

14. crew321

crew321 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2013
    #217 crew321, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Link to download at 1 st post dont work. :(
    Fixed. Thanks for amazing work

15. the_scotsman

the_scotsman MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
  16. Curiosity

Curiosity MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
    Dear Peter Kleissner! Your patch works perfectly, but there are two problems i've faced with. First one is that if another user is working on console and i am connecting at the same moment through RDP, his session is loosing sound. And after i disconnect (even logout) the sounf doesn't appear till console user relogin to his session again. It seems that my RDP session just hooked sound from console and didn't bring it back. Another thing is that before i was able to connect to another session even from the console, i just wrote 'localhost' at the RDP client and it connected me successfully from the console! It was very comfortable feature! But now it just say me it can't connect on itself. Maybe you can suggest me something to decide this two probs? Thanks you!

PS before i used UniversalTermsrvPatch-x64.exe by deepxw

17. PaulAtreides

PaulAtreides MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
    It didn't work for me

My system is Windows 8 64 bit (not PRO) build 9200.

I know that non-pro versions lacks the RDP functionality; the config window don't saws the pertinent options.

So my question is :

Does this patch enable the RDP functionality on non-pro versions (like the concurrent RDP patcher for Windows 7 that worked even with Home Premium versions) or simply is for the "concurrent" feature on PRO versions that have RDP?