Windows 8 Pro Upgrade licence keys expiration ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by WaRFiElD328i, Dec 18, 2012.

1. WaRFiElD328i

WaRFiElD328i MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    I've got a few upgrade keys that I bought to eventually upgrade some of my windows 7 laptops to windows 8 But I might not use them until after january 31, 2013.

Does anybody know with a real trusted source if they will eventually expire and not be useable?

I'm guessing not, since I actually bought them, unlike WMC keys, but i'd like to know for sure.

Thanks. :biggrin:

2. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Simply they won't expire.. For more info check that mail with key & read carefully.

3. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    If Microsoft says they are going to expire January 31st, then I would get them activated before then. Microsoft is really known to be the company that doesn't chicken when they say something of that matter unless stated.

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #4 PaulDesmond, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    one is talking about fish and the other on about bread. Op is not about free WMC keys as far as I can see but purchased licences and these do not expire Jan 31st. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

edit: The offer for these liceses expire and you cannot buy any further but the keys should be good beyond that date

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I read all points at your mentioned page but also didn't get the point if expiration affects end of Jan. So I'm sure you can use it beyond as said

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    After activation, the Key will NOT expire any more. Mainpoint is that the Activation has to be done latest to the date mentioned in the E-Mail from MS which you received together with the Key. After that you could:
    • activate as often as you need/like
    • install on an different PC (requires Activation via Phone)
    • transfer the license to a new Owner (you'll need to hand the Receipt E-mail and all hard copies you have from the OS to the new owner (according to MS EULA))
    So, no big deal at all!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    For bought licence there is no such time limit for activation. Time limit is for offer only.
    MS mentioned no date for activation. Check you Order mail from MS & will come to know. Yes if you have promo code then they will expire after mentioned date.