Windows 8 Pro US$39.99 Upgrade works with Windows 7 activated by Daz Loader

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by davejunia, Oct 26, 2012.

1. pwr

pwr MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    This is AMAZING! I'm gonna try this for sure! Thanks OP!

2. ah-le-le

ah-le-le MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Has anybody tried to upgrade (not clean install) from Win 7 Ultimate with Daz Loader to Win 8 Pro?

It has not yet worked for me. Furthest point I got to was to the 1st reboot. After the reboot, it said Upgrade Failed. No error message however.

I am wondering if the cause is the loader or something particular with my system.

Thanks if you can offer any assistance.

3. thurman86

thurman86 MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate with Daz Loader and had no issues. I even choose to keep files and apps. The only application that it said was not compatible was Daemon tools light which it had me uninstall first. I have been up and running about 24 hours now with everything successfully moved over and working. I did also uninstall my anti-virus before upgrading as I have had issues with it stopping previous upgrades of windows 7 from Vista so you may try that.

4. ah-le-le

ah-le-le MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Thanks for the response. System only had Microsoft Security Essentials, and the Windows 8 install removed that before proceeding. Did you just leave the Daz loader installed, or did you uninstall it first?

If you left it there, then it could be something else going on here which is preventing the upgrade. Unfortunately when the upgrade fails, there is no error message or any troubleshooting help provided by the installer.

Does anybody know how to troubleshoot an install that did not work?

5. Atom2

Atom2 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    It is possible that Microsoft will be able to detect the trick and also bans the key?

6. mdc

mdc MDL Junior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    #46 mdc, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    I can confirm that not only does this work, you can also combine it with the recently purchased PC offer to get it for £14.99.

Windows 8-2.jpg

If you attempt to use windowsupgradeoffer.com using IE, it'll ask you to input your Windows 7 key; I switched to Chrome and it completed the registration without asking for the key :)

Also, while they COULD go through their records and check whether or not this was done legitimately; or, alternatively, update the process to lock out fradulent attempts, the main issue is... do they actually care?

Microsoft have NEVER actually cared about piracy; the only reason they make token attempts to discourage it is because they're required to in order to inforce their trademarks/patents. The unofficial company policy is that they'd much rather people were using a pirated copy of Windows than another OS. Microsoft makes the majority of its revenue from volume licensing, software assurance and OEM licensing, not retail sales. As far as they're concerned, £15 from the average consumer is better than nothing :)

7. davejunia

davejunia MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2012
    #47 davejunia, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    (OP)
    There's no trick to this frankly. It's a legit upgrade following legit steps. (Unless you are referring to the recently purchase PC trick which well is not really by the book).

8. Josjev

Josjev MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012

9. Atom2

Atom2 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    But the key was not purchased for the previous operating system

10. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Are you signing this in the upgrade process? If the upgrade process determines that the system is eligible for an upgrade and hands out a valid license, then I see no problem with it.

11. trinity2k

trinity2k MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2012
    Has anyone managed to pay for the license (with $15 promo code) in USD, whilst being outside the US using a VPN and a US postal address?

12. buksnatata

buksnatata MDL Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey guys sorry for offtopic is it possible to upgrade windows 7 proffesional from dreamspark licence to this upgrade offer?

13. mdc

mdc MDL Junior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Basically I tried it using IE, tried it using Firefox, and requested a key both times; tried it using Chrome, and it didn't ask for a key.

14. buksnatata

buksnatata MDL Member

Oct 22, 2011
    haha Google will receive DMCA :p

15. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Form one browser only 5 attempts are possible(Success or fail) without KEY option. My Chrome was showing key page & then i try from other PC & worked without Key.

16. maraaa

maraaa MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2008
    Legit is what worries me. Your method is not legal, nor is the promo trick. In both cases you didn't have valid previous Windows. They ask a lot of info to enter when buying, like name, address, city, and this worries me.

17. rotatorkuf

rotatorkuf MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    #57 rotatorkuf, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    okay, so i tried doing this, but.. whenever i reboot to install from the iso disc the upgrade assistant created, after i click "intall" it gives me this error "the product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key." and it never prompts me to either enter an initial product key or a new product key, what gives?.....(trying to install over an oem windows 7 ultimate)

18. DiGiTaL-CORE

DiGiTaL-CORE MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2010
    For anyone having issues, just Google search...

"Microsoft site loophole lets anyone buy Windows 8 Pro for just $15"

...without quotes, of course, and follow that guide. I can't post links yet, I'm not active enough. Worked for me. All you have to do, apparently, is make the "Date of purchase *" within the last two months!

TLDR; make the "Date of purchase *" within the last two months. GL, lol.

19. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Yeah, but so does Amazon, eBay etc. I think they are required to ask for this information to make it a legal act of sale. Plus, the upgrade offer is limited to five licenses/keys per person, so they want to keep track of how many you purchased.

20. tmhstw

tmhstw MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    Hello,

For me it didn't work the 'loophole' but it's true I did use a December date.
    What I want to confirm is that I got two normal upgrades with 29 Euro starting from a Daz loader machine, one license I used it for an existing All-In-One Pro activated, just changed to the new key and 100% working.
    The other license I started on another machine with clean install but using the ISO the adviser downloaded it and it DIDN'T work to activate it, it's a strange edition although it's PRO, it messed up my SSD with UEFI boot and stuff that I couldn't install anything on it (not even Win7) until I had to whipe my HDD and reinstall it again with the All-In-One Pro (MD5 d20238a28875400f36866929e0af8940) then just used the key to activated it, worked 100%.

I hope it helps some one.

Good luck!

PS: I repeat, the update license works on a clean install if you don't use the ISO from the adviser but the general all-in-one version with MD5 d20238a28875400f36866929e0af8940.