Windows 8 Pro x64 Retail No Sound after Restart Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Driver

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ducati, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mitolo

Mitolo MDL Novice

May 3, 2008
    #21 Mitolo, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    Add that to reg it works for me ....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"CtxfiReg"="CTXFIREG.EXE /FORCE"

Attached Files:

2. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009

did anybody else try this yet? does it also keep the settings or it just make sure the sound to still there?

3. dangel

dangel MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2012
    #23 dangel, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    All that will do is run the process on startup - but i haven't checked if CTXFIREG.EXE is on my XFI PC yet - of course it will need to be there and in the system path somehow (because the above call doesn't list the path). Question is, what does /FORCE actually do?

Bit of investigation:

/? - list options
    /NO_DEFMODE Disable restore default mode
    /NO_SPKCFG Disable restore speaker mode
    /FORCE Disable ExecuteFlagCheck

4. dangel

dangel MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2012
    Well I tried it last night and as far as I can see it made no difference. I lost speaker settings and eventually sound altogether.

5. wacm1980

wacm1980 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    I did have this issue upon first install, but I believe I had to reinstall the Creative Console Launcher 2.61 and then from that point onwards the sound sticks upon each reboot. I do find it odd though why this issue has not been addressed by Creative themselves already - personally I see it as a high priority issue.

6. cleps

cleps MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    I have a compaq cq 60 with a conexant 221 sound board. I have sound on the laptop until hibernate or suspend, after that the sound disappears. Any solution to this problem?

7. cleps

cleps MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Thanks, but the problem remains:(no sound after hibernation. Everything works fine until hibernate or suspend. After that, the green bar of sound moves, but no sound

8. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2012
    #29 omnimodis78, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    Any update on this issue using the new Beta driver? (Release date : 27 Sep 12: SBXF_PCDRV_WIN8_BETA_US_2_18_0015A.exe). Of course, Creative doesn't include any sort of change-log or release notes so it's anyone's guess what's actually fixed...on that note, yes I know it's an "unsupported" release (as they state it clearly) but why not include release notes? Wouldn't it be a simple thing for the software engineers to include that? I'm back on Windows 7 and I don't really want to install everything again just to test out this new release. Thanks!

9. sbasil

sbasil MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2012
    #30 sbasil, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    This is what worked for me, hopefully for others too. [I have Windows 2012 server but I'm pretty sure this will work with Win8 too...You could probably even run the batch file through msconfig.exe's Startup tab...I can't since it's disabled on Win 2012]

1. Download X-Fi Mode Changer (Spectra 9 - I couldn't post a link since I have only one post before this :p )
    2. Create a folder called XFIMode to C:\ and extract all files from the rar there
    3. Create a batch file (in notepad for example and make it look like this) -->

call c:\XFIMode\xfimode.exe /entertainment

Then save the file as xfi.bat to C:\XFIMode\

4. Start task scheduler and create a new task (Action - Create Task)

--> Name it something, eg. XFI FIX

@General tab -> Run whether user is logged on or not & Run with highest privileges & Configure for Windows Server 2012
    @Triggers tab --> At log on of any user
    @Actions tab --> Start a program C:\XFIMode\xfi.bat

Now you're set to go. Next time you re(start) your Windows, your sound should work. If you want to start
    your computer in "game mode", just change /entertainment to /game in xfi.bat

10. Melkorbane

Melkorbane MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    I had the same problem (mode and settings not sticking after windows 8 upgrade from 7). Tried re-installing console but didnt work. Tried running console in windows 7 compatibility mode and admininstrative rights but didn't work
    Installed Windows Media Center feature for windows 8 and it suddenly started working after restart. No idea why it happened...

11. Mastroz

Mastroz MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012

If I switch modes, it will work. That RAR files with the registry one didn't do anything for me.

How did you get windows media center?

12. Mastroz

Mastroz MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012

This didnt' work for me... is there something wrong here?

13. joehannouch

joehannouch MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2012
    I am having the same problem,
    When i restart, First the Console doesn't launch (guess i simply have to add it to startup).
    And it doesn't work, i have to switch to Entertainment for it to work, and then switch to Gaming mode if i want to play games, only then it works.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

PS: I have Windows 8 Pro ( Official Release )
    Joe

14. roylion15

roylion15 MDL Member

May 1, 2009
    Hello ...
    I have Creative X fi fatality champion series on win 8 pro WMC x64 clean install, just installed latest PAX drivers and suite by Robert M.
    Then just upgraded by latest creative beta driver available on creative site and i don't have issues with sound missing or reset of the settings.
    Just a thing that gave me the same problem of sound missing after sleep with older drivers under win 7 > just don't select "What U hear" as default in recording settings.

15. Zebady

Zebady MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I know it has been mentioned before BUT just installing the Win8 beta drivers from Creative worked for me and has done since I installed on Oct 26!