Windows 8 Product key

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bacardi, Jan 27, 2013.

1. bacardi

bacardi MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2013
    i installed windows 8 pro and successfully activated via phone...so when i tried to make a backup of my activation...advanced token manager asked for a windows product key...

could anyone please tell me that where can i find my key on windows registry or something ??

2. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    #4 hack, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    If you activated by phone and ATM requests the Product Key then you used a MAK key. It is removed from the registry and is not recoverable by the end user.
    You had the key when you installed it, figure out which key you used and paste that in the ATM dialogue.

Otherwise just manually backup the entire Store Folder:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\spp\store
    You need to enable show hidden files and in the store folder you should see:
    data.dat
    tokens.dat

Cache folder is not required.

If you re-install on the same hardware you copy back the backup of the 2 files and that should solve your problem without needing the product key.
    This applies to windows 8 not Windows 7 hence the default requirement by ATM as it backups Win7 and Win8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Everybody was starting sometimes with something or even anything!! While understandable for an Newbie it isn't for an "older" member of MDL, which didn't means that any "old" member should or would know what to do, some still wouldn't! :cool:

As a matter of fact, those Keyfinder didn't working correctly at all times, some just didn't giving any informations or just limited. The Keyfinder you posted the link to, will gives you the WMC Key if WMC is installed but the real Windows 8 Key! Other Keys, which that program list the Program Name, will not displayed and even wrong for some Apps.

IMOH not very trust- and therefore useful!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
  5. Please-8

Please-8 MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2012
    #9 Please-8, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. 10111hacker

10111hacker MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2013
    Windows 8 Free Download ( Product Key / 32bit / 64bit )

Attached Files:

7. adit123tya

adit123tya MDL Senior Member

Oct 25, 2012
    why the hell do you try to get retail keys for free you won't be able to activate... use kms activation instead