windows 8 revealed in leaked docs.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pauldamo, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Yawn* not to be over confident or anything but for the next year or 2 we don't have to worry...

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    anyone still have the pdf's they can link me to?? my usb stick they were on took a crap on me today...i also 100% agree they are idiots if they release it that soon. many people will ignore it and stay with 7 imo..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

On the other hand Windows 8 will probably not be as good as 7, so I won't bother with it unless I really have to.
    I'm pretty satisfied with the situation as it is today and I wish it could stay like this.

4. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    I have the .zip file still somewhere.
    The Dl link I have now requires one to register first.

5. Stool

Stool MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I hope they don't stupidify windows to a level of OSX. I do hope they do away with the registry though.

6. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #26 Stannieman, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Indeed, I hope 'it just works' doesn't mean everything is locked down and made uncustomizable. This is what apple does and if there are things you don't like about osx I think in most cases you have a problem than. I never used osx so don't blame me if I'm wrong, but it's just a fact that if you don't like something about windows there is 90% chance you find a tool to mod the thing to your needs. With osx that chance is far from 90%. Hopefully MS isn't going to lock windows down like osx, cause then linux will be the only OS that's common and mature enough to become a mainstream OS for those who like to mod some stuff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I think they will copy linux "cube" desktop otherwise what interface changes do they have "up their sleeve"...lol :p

8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I hope not something osx or gnome like... The start menu is part of what made windows big. And I realy don't get it why they want to be like apple, the new iPhone's loses connection when touching 2 sides at once, the new mac mini's price went up (making it even more overpriced for what it actually is). Steve refuses to allow flash on the ipad so people can't view flash animations, but they sell like if it can do most of the things a normal pc/mac can do (I think propper webbrowsing is a very basic thing a normal pc can???). He isn't making hisself and his company popular whit all this, so no, MS shouldn't follow apple, it should rather follow the windows 7 way of thinking than the apple way of thinking.

But yes, cube is ok, would be very nice if they do that.

9. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Windows 8....come on......i just use windows 7 for 1 year and i will use it for over 10 years.........windows 8 will be like millenium and vista.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I've never tried the cube deal but it looks so cool and many things can still probably be done with it they just might consider something similar or multiple desktops or whatever

Apple blows...lol

11. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Actually I kind of like it that win8 is already comming, cause I like to play with new operating systems :p And if it's uncrackable (very unlikely) I'll stay with win7 or win8 rc, when the rc's timebomb explodes there will be a way for win8 anyway. But indeed it's not funny to companies or others who need to follow the evolution, i.e. new drivers need to be written and software needs to be addapted to win8 by the devs.

And I also never tried the cube, but it looks nice on screenshots

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea me too ;)

And of course I'm interested what they'll do with the trial ascpects...lol :p

13. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Also interested in what they'll do with that. They can't leave it out because they will piss off lots of system admins with that, but leaving it like it is gives us a great way of bypassing activation. But 3 rearms without doing ir4 tricks is a lot for what it's actually meant for, which system admin needs 3 rearms?? So maybe they cut that down to 1 or 2

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    And you know they upped it 5 rearms (180 days) use with IR4 use. Interesting they give 5 but no way to get it? Hmm...

Are they working with IR4 3.1

15. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Is what working? I don't use ir4 but a loader, but I'll install ir4 in a vm to see what you mean.

16. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I was kidding...lol I meant is MS working with the IR4...lol Since they can't get to the 5 without IR4 ;)

Only with SP1 does one get 5 rearms so my comment was how can anyone utilize the 5 rearms...lol It must be something to selling future retail copies that already have the SP1 on them if they do that? I dunno if SP are put with retail copies?

17. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Vista and xp had boxes with sp integrated, so I guess windows 7 will also have it? They will definitely appear on msdn though

18. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Then that must be why but even still if the SP1 5 rearms aren't installed then how'd they figure the 5 would ever get used? See what I mean...lol

That is why I joked that MS and IR4 were in business together...lol No one can use the 5 without IR4 3.1

19. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Actually I don't get what your talking about with the 5 rearms... Does MS say sp1 will give you 5 rearms instead of the default 3 but there are still 3 after install or what?

20. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    We've tested IR4 with SP1 beta's and it rearmed to 5 not 4 like with out SP1 beta's

1. Original rearms with RTM = 3
    2. Rearms with IR4 = 4
    3. Rearms with SP1 installed plus IR4 use = 5

;)