Windows 8 RTM bugs/issues/questions and findings

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by free1975yuly, Aug 9, 2012.

1. swingerman

swingerman MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2012
    You need to install the lates win7 graphics card driver. That will fix it.

Cheers,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. swingerman

swingerman MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2012
    Why should work Live Essentials on an officially not released windows?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RamGuy

RamGuy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2009

I´m having huge USB-related problems........ It seems like after any BSOD Windows / Microsoft simply force disables all my USB ports in device manager and there is no way to for me to override this behaviour and as there are no new drivers available and it doesn't help to do a uninstall / install, neither does it help to deactivate / activate I'm pretty much stuck with a unusable machine every single time it decides to BSOD and the only way I can get my USB ports back up and running is by resetting the entire system and install everything once more....

First I had a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD as a result of me having my system running several hours after installation without installing any drivers.. This didn't disable my USB-ports though, but after installing all drivers like Asmedia AHCI / SATA, USB3.0 and the Intel Chipset drivers for my Rampage IV Extreme (Intel X79) and the Asus AI Suite software my USB-ports got deactivated after my third reboot of Windows 8, I have no idea why....

So started over again, left out both the Intel Chipset, Asmedia and the Asus AI Suite software in order to see if they had something to do with it. Everything ran fine until I played Starcraft II yesterday when my system all of a sudden just halted making some funny noises in my headphones, no BSODs though but I couldn't do anything so I was forced to shut down my computer and upon the next boot I got another bluescreed which I don't remember what said, it rebooted again and then all my USB-ports had been forced disabled once more and now I'm left with a completely useless machine again. Tried to uninstall the drivers, I tried to install the Asmedia USB3.0 drivers making them change from the default Microsoft ones over to their native ones but they are still forced disabled so it doesn't seem like I can really do anything to avoid this.

So I guess it's back to Windows 7 until this nonsense is resolved, I have never had this bad experience with a Windows launch in a very, very long time....

4. buksnatata

buksnatata MDL Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Go to control panel - system and security - power options - change plan settings (based on what settings you are using) - change advanced power settings - find usb settings - and disable USB selective suspend settings. That worked for me to have all usb ports I only had several before I disable that.

5. DaveDeviant

DaveDeviant MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2012
    #45 DaveDeviant, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    h ttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9408/16618051.png - no mute icon
    h ttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4/77034866.png - arrows are gone

Happened after 3 days of use.

6. johnnygt

johnnygt MDL Senior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    ^^ i like it thou :aglerks:

7. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    How do I turn on the "normal" shutdown?, 8 when I lift the lid on my laptop starts the pc and I want the traditional lift the lid then press the power button..........................