Windows 8 RTM DPC Latency Problems

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by strike91, Aug 19, 2012.

1. HumansCan'tBeTrusted

Aug 7, 2012
    When using any other program i hear noises in music, but when i'm at desktop with only music player enabled it plays without problems.

2. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Rather try 1. creating buffer in Winamp (Direct Sound) or 2. remove acceleration....
    ...you are still quite lucky, for you can test many cards on the desktop and buy the one, what fits there... :)

3. HumansCan'tBeTrusted

Aug 7, 2012
    I'm sure that problem is somewhere in nvidia drivers. When i disable them problem is gone, that's so strange...

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    So single music playing is ok and sounds well. Your other problem is a so called cross talking and has nothing to do with the OS. It is a problem with your Mainboard. If you check your data on this , you can identify crosstalk values shown in decibels in your owner's manual. I assume, the soundcard is on board and not a single plug in, you have a standard sound environment and this can only be solved by using a high quality card like RME e.g. with digital output, both RCA and toslink, where you can forward your music to your amplifier using its digital input. Here you are totally free of such issues.

5. HumansCan'tBeTrusted

Aug 7, 2012
    I never experienced those problems with any other os. So, yes it's os related.

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Honestly, I never detected such issues on my machines ever. Also no such issues now with W8. So ...?
    Your problem seems to be related both with OS and hardware at a certain stage. To find this is not that easy especially when the machine is far away for doing any measurements

7. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    it is worth checking that you have the latest BIOS for your motha board, nomsayin
    Asus , at one time released a specific BIOS coz the sound was getting crankly if u hit escape or some Function combo. You just gotta narrow the issue down...:tea:

8. Luckie

Luckie MDL Junior Member

Jan 14, 2008
    try this:

How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt
    msfn.org/board/topic/140263-how-to-get-the-cause-of-high-cpu-usage-by-dpc-interrupt/

9. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    BTW: How old is that PC?

10. HumansCan'tBeTrusted

Aug 7, 2012
    Three years old.

Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G is my motherboard. EIST is disabled, but i must check enhanched halt state, as i remembar it's enabled. Dynamic overclocking disabled and i never used emule.